Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what should i do?

Well im watchin horsepower tv on spike last week and they ended up dynoing a 90 silverado like mine but 2wd and mines a 95 same motor 350 tbi and come to find out it put 145 hp to the wheels.
Now i about blew chunks after i heard that. because mine is 4wd wheel drive so i have even less hp because im going through a transfer case. My ? is. Is it worth putting any more money into this truck or should i just save up for somthin else

Thanks

Zeke
Old 04-29-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

What are your goals?

How much money do you have to spend?
Old 04-29-2006, 05:05 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what did you honestly expect from that tired Gen I motor? reality older trucks werent meant for any type of performance. hell even the early SS trucks with the 454 were jokes and you have the 350. you can mod the hell out of it or ditch it. first thing you need to do is go with a good cam, do something for an intake and then something about heads. also youre probably low on CR so basically you have a truck with a truck motor. im not saying you cant make it strong but those old dogs just are what htey are out dated. Gen III/LsX motors are more performance oriented. now you can get a LT1 spec'd cam and swap in there. but remember vortec heads dont really like over .500 lift. toss in a LT1 hot cam, have the heads milled some not much, port some, some LS1 Beehive springs, do soemthing about that horrible style intake you have. hate to say it but a carb may be better then that intake you have. i hate carbs but that intake of yours isnt the most power friendly intake.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

depends on if this is your daily driver or if this is just to haul ***...if your on the haulin *** side..pull the motor and tranny..get you a forged steel crank and some h beam rods..eagle makes some good cheep parts, and they can handle 7600 rpm-know for fact. go for some forged flat top pistons..if you want this for pump gas get some 64cc aftermarket head, or is you wanna run racin gas get either 50cc top proline heads or the 49 cc darts.. i like prolines better..ditch the fuel injection its worthless.. get just dual plane intake or if your gonna be turnin some higher rpms 6800+ go for a high rise intake..go for a carbuetor preferably 750 double pumper. msd 6al box and msd pro distributor would work greatly. on a cam..thats your choice i know all about the circle track cam, im used to .550-.570 solid lift cams.. havent gotta clue on it they would work for street/strip use,youll make some decent horsepower with some of these options.. so either this or buy and LSX based truck..
Old 04-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Teching In

I got about 1300 bucks cash and i already got a set of heads dont really kno much about them i picked them up for 180 bucks he wanted 100 so i bought them and got them presure tested for 80 bucks no leaks either. he said they have a three angle valve job done of them and they were on his 383. so i actuly dont even kno if they will fit. but they do have a center bolt patern if that maters.

do u mean i could swap my motor out for an lt1 or ls1 i bet thats complicated as hell to figure out.

thanks for the ideas guys
Old 04-30-2006, 11:07 AM
5 year bitches!

were in PA are you located
Old 04-30-2006, 12:13 PM
Teching In

South of pittsburgh ever heard of belle vernon
Old 04-30-2006, 12:34 PM
5 year bitches!

hahaha, youre down the road from me. im in the Rocks but check out www.JJsautomotive.com ask for brian he should have parts for you if not could get your parts. we deal with mostly NBS but should have some stuff lying around that will help you out. also since your local check out www.pittspeed.com its a local site
Old 04-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Teching In

what could i get of him that would help me or should i buy a car from there?

do u work there?

u from Mckees rocks?