Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

What should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of MODS......

Well i am new to this board it was suggested to me that i come over here from ksfba.org, so here i am. I used to own a camaro, and had a flowmaster exhaust on it.

Now i have an 03 silverado Z71 ext cab, 5.3 with a sportside bed.
My question is what should i do to it.

exhaust wise, i have looked at corsa is it true it doesnt mess up your warranty?

other mods, apperance, and stuff like that....??

all suggestions would be appreciated.

also attached is a pic of my truck...
Attached Thumbnails What should i do?-380778_30_full.jpg  
Old 03-04-2004, 02:41 AM
Staging Lane

common ppl help me out please...
Old 03-04-2004, 03:07 AM
Launching!

Exhaust like duals doesn't mess up warrenty. I have had many things done to my pickup with more mods than that and they had no problem working on it. I have true duals with straight pipes and they didn't even look twice at it.

If you are looking at performace ya it is a little help mite be a NELSON tune or UPD intake or ASP pulley would benifit you more than the exhaust would if you stay mostly stock.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A custom tune would probably be the best thing for it. The choices are LS1 Edit, Nelson's or Wester's. do your research and make your choice, you won't be disappointed
Old 03-05-2004, 02:04 AM
Staging Lane

so what is a custom tune? is that like on the dyno or something...i am new and dumb help plz
Old 03-05-2004, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

a custom tune is the tuners (Wester's or Nelson's) use LS1 edit (or something very close I think) and program a PCM for better power or fuel milage. I think they change how much timing is allowed or what it does when it senses knock (stock pulls 20 degrees where as a tuned PCM will do it in 2 degree increments). also change more but I'm not sure so I won't BS you

There is 2 different ways of getting a Custom tune. Either through the mail or dyno/driven tuned. If you go mailorder then the tune is set up off of a truck that has close to the same upgrades or options as yours (motor and trans combo) on the dyno. This works really good (see my sig) but a dyno/driven tune is your truck used to make the tune either driven on the street or on the dyno. This will obviously make a difference in the power it makes and the way it drives (will have all the bugs worked out where as some people have to try once or twice with a mailorder. I've had no problems with mine)

The above list was alphabetical, each tuner offers benefits over the other. decide what works the best for you (either way, you'll love what it does for your truck)

Gerry