Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

what mufflers for true duals

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 12:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what mufflers for true duals

ok with the new year comming and me working tons of overtime im about ready to do my exhaust on my yukon.first off i know ill be running lt headers no cats x pipe and maybe cutouts. im debating on what mufflers to run. i do not want flowmaster i repeat NO FLOWMASTER any way im thinking dynomax turbo, super turbo, ultraflo, magnaflow or maybe borla depends on how much i want to spend on them. they have to be offered in stainless steal. what do you all suggest? if anyone has any soundclips of anything similar to this setup please post. thank you
Old 12-31-2008, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have pacesetter Lt's which are ran true duals into MAC muffler's. I think it sounds great. I will work on a sound clip.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:18 PM
Launching!

Heres my recent post of my exhaust. I'm running true duals with no cats. I'm running the 4" round 22" long Magnaflow mufflers.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=431438
Old 12-31-2008, 05:23 PM
something else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why no Flowmasters?
Old 12-31-2008, 07:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you looking for LOAD!! magnaflow makes a great dual muffler with a built in crossover!! but its not that load at all!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 07:11 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you mean loud. But anyways, I'd run dual magnaflows, borlas, or slp loudmouths.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Ill post a vid of mine as soon as i get my buddies camera so i can down load them. Ive got duals and to 40 series flowmasters run into a y and single tail pipe. I love the way it sounds, truck runs better and has a deeper tone than true duals IMO.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just to let you know, you are going to get a lot of opinions. I am very happy with the route that I took. I actually wanted something that sounded different than what anybody else had. I am now in love with it. It is not extremely loud, but sounds awesome! You are going to have to end up making your own decision.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

BTW, LT's will add a different sound. IMP, make sure that the person has LT's on the video that you are watching. Just my $0.02....
Old 01-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

i am open to opinions but however i do want a straight through muffler and i am going to run two seperate mufflers for sure. the one muffler with the internal x defetes the purpose of "true duals" to me and it makes it sound different. i dont want something very loud since its my dd and i have a 4month old baby that im riding around most of the time i do however plan to put electric cutouts in front of the mufflers to just be loud if i want to but i dont want to be awful loud all the time. i ran a flowmaster 10series on my 4.7v8 dakota i had and it sounded good but loud and i ran them with true duals on my 82 and 86 t/a's with lt headers no x or h pipe and with a 10:1 comp motor with a healthy cam i could barely hear the radio. magnaflow with no cats and lts on a lsx motor sounds wicked to me but i am really looking at the borla proxs too along with the dynomax ultraflo. those seem to flow very well from what ive seen. oh and no flowmaster because im tired of there sound and the restriction they give vs. some other mufflers. my car was faster going from flowmaster 10seires to dynomax turbo mufflers.

Quick Reply: what mufflers for true duals