Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What HP can I look to get?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

where is delk performance
Old 12-24-2006, 11:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The powerdyne kit orginally runs 6 pounds of boost but I have changed pulleys and went to 8. Everyone that has drove the truck and rides in it believes I am closer to 400 at the ground not 300. Delk performance is in Laverne right next to the Nashville Superspeedway. I have always had good luck with them till this last time and they screwed me in a few ways.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Spill your guts, how did they screw you? The more people that report shady performance shops on here, the better it is for everyone else. Plus I have family near there that get alot done to there Z06 and may want to stay away from places that dont go out of there way to make custimers happy.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

well let me see, I called down there and told them everything that I needed done to the truck and got a quote from them of $350 to $400. I carried the truck to them and asked them if they would have it ready by friday cause I had a doctors appointment at 11 I needed to keep, the guy told sure no problem. Ok so I took it to them on a Wednesday and left it with them. I returned Friday morning to get my truck and it was not ready. So needless to say I missed my appointment, but anyway... I went to pay and the guy said it is $797 I was like WHAT he said well we found an O2 sensor that was cut in half by the exhaust shop when the exhaust was installed I could understand this as extra cost but on the bill it was $200.00 ok. Then he said they had to shim my belt tensioner pulley to align the belt. When I got home me and dad opened the hood and what the call shimming the blower is talking the bolts out of the tensioner bracket and putting a washer behind them, which they charged me $150.00. The numbers I got is what made me mad cause everyone I know says my truck is running alot more than that so who knows its just a bunch of Another thing that made me REALLY REALLY REALLY MAD was when I took my truck to get my headers hooked up (pacesetter long tubes cereamic coated) was I told him DO NOT Weld my exhaust to the headers and what does he do but WELD IT
Old 12-26-2006, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

what kind of dyno was it on..i work at a dyno shop and we got a mustang dyno, which always puts done lower number and people that dont know much about dynos are always not happy with their numbers...if the timing and A/F is right that bout as good as your going to get..some people dont understand that..i wouldnt go by dyno numbers if i were you..all a dyno is for is for tuning, shows your gain and loses in a short period..
Old 12-26-2006, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dirt_track_racer_81
what kind of dyno was it on..i work at a dyno shop and we got a mustang dyno, which always puts done lower number and people that dont know much about dynos are always not happy with their numbers...if the timing and A/F is right that bout as good as your going to get..some people dont understand that..i wouldnt go by dyno numbers if i were you..all a dyno is for is for tuning, shows your gain and loses in a short period..
Don't read too much into dyno "numbers". My truck with mods in sig minus the nitrous made 241rwhp. But that was on the mustang dyno that dirt_track was talkin about. On a different dyno it could read alot differnt, but who cares. Every dyno reads different, but their main purpose is measuring gains or losses.
If you're mad at anything(besides the price ripoff) be mad at the tuning. Look at what your numbers were before you got your stuff done then look at afterwards and look at what the percentage of gain was.
Old 12-27-2006, 03:10 AM
Tribe Shaman

Some shops do not do a 3rd gear pull on trucks.
reason why is that the truck drive shaft was not balanced to 140 mph
at the factory, i think it was set to 110 to 120. this gives us a
vibration at around 70 mph.
Running it higher has caused the drive shaft to grenade right on the dyno.
Many of us can tell this story of how we needed a tow home from the dyno shop.
this is why so many of us go and get the drive shaft rebalanced, no vibration and to
get that 3rd gear pull that tells a whole different story.
if any thing i would say your HP and TQ numbers are from a 2nd gear pull only.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:24 AM
Staging Lane

The Shop that did my dyno pulls has a mustang dyno
Old 12-27-2006, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

id say your doing good..weve dyno'd this one kids whippled 5.3 and it did 250
Old 12-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

It sure feels like I am pulling more I have another guy that wants to dyno it for me I might let him I dont know what kind of dyno he has