Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

WCCH Stage 2 Cylinder Heads are Here! My Experience, Full Specs and Detailed Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what are you making now?
how much are you expecting to get out of...
the heads?
minus the cam
Old 06-05-2005, 11:25 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by gamedawgx53
what are you making now?
how much are you expecting to get out of...
the heads?
minus the cam
gamedawg, not sure how much power I'm making now, I had originally planned on going to the dyno after the last months track day, but I broke my G80 That slowed me up a bit.
Hopefully I can get a dyno run in before the 17th. I did log my one 1/4 mile pass and pulled 50lbs on the MAF at the top of second gear.
Bone stock I dyno'd at 243 rwhp, so hopefully I'm at least seeing 363rwhp, per Magnuson (+120rwhp). It certainly feels like I'm there, but then again, I have no hard data or proof yet.

I had never really thought of these heads in terms of what they would offer me alone. I had thought of my selection as a system. I wanted to make sure the Heads, Cam, and Headers worked together as such.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Richard@WCCH
Recently a customer dynoed his 6.0L Magnusson powered truck using our first designed port (which was a 235cc runner volume) and a 208º/210º cam. It dynoed at 472rwhp and 521rwtq making 8psi of boost.
Richard
WOW those numbers look familiar!! (see sig)

Grippy, NOW you can come over so we can run 'em!!
Old 06-05-2005, 11:50 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Weedo
WOW those numbers look familiar!! (see sig)

Grippy, NOW you can come over so we can run 'em!!
lol
sounds like a definite plan.
but I would run ya as sit now I just like having fun bro

of course, these heads are going to help my cause quite a bit
Old 06-06-2005, 08:55 AM
what a rush!

I could use some help, getting these Stage 2 heads has made reconsider a short block, I posted this on another site too, any thoughts?

I am in a dilemma, I'm probably going to through some forged pistons in for good measure and I am seriously tempted to throw LQ9's in for the added compression.

with 74.5cc combustion chambers I will be sitting at a little over 9-1cr. I'm speculating whether the added point in compression or more timing with the lower compression will make more power(plus the little more volume with the lower cr)
I would normally pick the 9-1cr right away, however, BigTex seems to be doing alright with a 2.75" pulley and LQ9 pistons, as well as some others.

thanks
Old 06-06-2005, 10:05 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moregrip
I could use some help, getting these Stage 2 heads has made reconsider a short block, I posted this on another site too, any thoughts?

I am in a dilemma, I'm probably going to through some forged pistons in for good measure and I am seriously tempted to throw LQ9's in for the added compression.

with 74.5cc combustion chambers I will be sitting at a little over 9-1cr. I'm speculating whether the added point in compression or more timing with the lower compression will make more power(plus the little more volume with the lower cr)
I would normally pick the 9-1cr right away, however, BigTex seems to be doing alright with a 2.75" pulley and LQ9 pistons, as well as some others.

thanks
I was able to run up to 12psi non-intercooled, meth only, on the LQ9 pistons. I ran that setting for a short while but found that 10psi was better in terms of more efficiency in the boost (much lower IATs so more power). However, I spent 3-4 months on the tune, and that was tuning almost everyday.

If you are planning on 8psi of boost, you can run that without an intercooler and no meth all day long, everyday. With the Radix cooler, I'd think you would be fine with the higher compression. You might have to trade a few points of timing, but my motto is boost (i.e. dynamic compression) is better than timing any day -- admittedly more of a turbo point of view than traditional s/c mindset.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

i see another rear end coming soon
Old 06-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok so how much are you expecting from the heads cam and lt's?
Old 06-06-2005, 10:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it: Stage 2 heads + 220/224, .581/.581 cam + 10:1 comp. + 2.9" pulley =

You're going to wish you had the extra inch of rubber the Kumhos provide, though...
Old 06-06-2005, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moregrip

thanks
You will be alright with the slightly higher compression ... I am guessing you will be running 8-9 lbs of boost? Since you are talking about going forged I would shoot for 9:75 if it was me.. Do you plan to do anything with your rods & crank? Or just go with ARP bolts and LQ9 rods with a stock crank?

Quick Reply: WCCH Stage 2 Cylinder Heads are Here! My Experience, Full Specs and Detailed Pics!