Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WCCH Stage 2 Cylinder Heads are Here! My Experience, Full Specs and Detailed Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 04:48 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
More to the point, do they fit?
sir yes sir!
Old 06-06-2005, 04:49 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moregrip
sir yes sir!

mmmmmm traction mmmmmmm
Old 06-06-2005, 04:52 PM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by BigTex
Grippy, in the past, I would have also gone with 9:1 if given a choice. Now that I'm sitting on a 10.2:1 LQ9, I've changed my mind. At the boost levels the radix will give us, there isn't a need for super low compression on a heads cam motor. I'm able to get just over 8psi, but that may drop with good heads.

The main reason I haven't installed my heads is because they have a 69cc chamber which would put me about 10.5:1. I think I'm going to go ahead and install them, then drop boost just a little if needed to continue running on pump gas.
sounds good! thanks for the input

I hope you don't mind me using you as a performance goal
Old 06-06-2005, 04:53 PM
what a rush!

See what a nice set of heads does to a guy?

Yes, I'm probably looking at 8-9lbs of boost.

I am seriously considering this short block. I have an extra LQ9 crank and rods in the garage. I'd like to get some forged pistons to be on the safe side and some ARP bolts/studs all the way around. Then, bolt the WCCH's to that and install as it sits.
At that point, I'd have a backup long block with 8,000 miles on it. It's really all a money thing at this point.
I'm not looking for a stroker, just a more dependable 6.0L. Do you have any ideas what a 6.0L core runs these days? I know they are $700 brand new.

Basically this build all revolves around my Cam and Heads, or, how to maximize them.
with 300cfm intake at just over .500 lift and and 225cfm exhaust right at .500 lift, I want to really capatilize on this.
The upgraded shortblock is mainly going to be a strength issue.

btw, anyone know, round about, how much HP a set of 300/225 heads can support? from what I've seen, it looks to be quite alot
I realize this could mean two different things when talking N/A and FI.

just wanted to bump this for some possible answers

thanks guys.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:35 PM
what a rush!

mmmmmm traction mmmmmmm
not sure the 325's will give me what I need either, but, we will see
Old 06-07-2005, 12:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright! Glad to see people are still building cool projects! Now boost it up Grippy
Old 06-07-2005, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moregrip
See what a nice set of heads does to a guy?

Yes, I'm probably looking at 8-9lbs of boost.

I am seriously considering this short block. I have an extra LQ9 crank and rods in the garage. I'd like to get some forged pistons to be on the safe side and some ARP bolts/studs all the way around. Then, bolt the WCCH's to that and install as it sits.
At that point, I'd have a backup long block with 8,000 miles on it. It's really all a money thing at this point.
I'm not looking for a stroker, just a more dependable 6.0L. Do you have any ideas what a 6.0L core runs these days? I know they are $700 brand new.

Basically this build all revolves around my Cam and Heads, or, how to maximize them.
with 300cfm intake at just over .500 lift and and 225cfm exhaust right at .500 lift, I want to really capatilize on this.
The upgraded shortblock is mainly going to be a strength issue.

btw, anyone know, round about, how much HP a set of 300/225 heads can support? from what I've seen, it looks to be quite alot
I realize this could mean two different things when talking N/A and FI.
If you decide you want a new block let me know and I will see what kind of price I can get on one.. As far as cores, you can find them but they arent plentiful like they used to be.. I may be able to get you one for $400 if it is still there, but then we will have to get it to you..

Sounds like you have the right idea for a budget build... LQ9 crank & rods, ARP bolts... What brand of piston are you going with?
Old 06-07-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More to the point, do they fit?
Dont think they will fit up front, but they definately will fit in the rear.. I am running 325/40/22's in the rear...
Old 06-07-2005, 12:23 AM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Flipper
If you decide you want a new block let me know and I will see what kind of price I can get on one.. As far as cores, you can find them but they arent plentiful like they used to be.. I may be able to get you one for $400 if it is still there, but then we will have to get it to you..

Sounds like you have the right idea for a budget build... LQ9 crank & rods, ARP bolts... What brand of piston are you going with?
Thanks Flipper , I'll let you know on the block.

As far as the rods go, I'm torn between the stock rods w/ARP bolts or some cheaper H-beams. I may be pushing the stockers to hard, as I'd like to get some longevity out of the engine.

Pistons? No clue yet, suggestions.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:19 PM
what a rush!

these heads won't be off the truck forever, so if there is a specific photo you want let me know soon.
otherwise, I hope you enjoyed the specs & pics I posted
These heads are awesome! extra generous exhaust flow for us boosted guys
if you have any questions I'll try and answer them, if I can't, I know Richard at WCCH can.
Also, I need some further advice on this shortblock idea, so don't hold back!......

peace out
grippy

Quick Reply: WCCH Stage 2 Cylinder Heads are Here! My Experience, Full Specs and Detailed Pics!