Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

WCCH Stage 2 Cylinder Heads are Here! My Experience, Full Specs and Detailed Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 08:25 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What prompted you to get a camshaft built on those exact specs?

Those heads look very good and that is a nice price.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:30 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex
What prompted you to get a camshaft built on those exact specs?

Those heads look very good and that is a nice price.
Thanks, don't you owe me some pics now? do you still have my email addy?

My Goal: I was looking to better mid-high rpm power.

I contacted several people with regards to this camshaft selection and what I wanted out of it, all the specs I recieved were similiar, final concensus was that it was a good choice. I bought this one for a deal, that also had something to do with my selection. Wish I could say it was 100% due to the selection process, but that just wouldn't be 100% true either.
Since I'm not made of money and I'm not an industry insider, I usually look for the best deal I can find.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much rpm are these Radix jobs capable of carrying? I've heard that the s.o.t.p. feels like it lasts to at least 6800...
Anyone ran a cammed Radix on a dyno? Peak cylinder pressure is around 3500-rpm but, what about peak power? What's max?

BTW. I'm just wondering what your head/cam combo will do to your powerband.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:03 AM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by SportSide 5.3
How much rpm are these Radix jobs capable of carrying? I've heard that the s.o.t.p. feels like it lasts to at least 6800...
Anyone ran a cammed Radix on a dyno? Peak cylinder pressure is around 3500-rpm but, what about peak power? What's max?

BTW. I'm just wondering what your head/cam combo will do to your powerband.
I hear ya, we can all guess-timate, and I'm truly interested in everyones thoughts.
The proof will be in the pudding though.

If I didn't have the Radix and the WCCH heads, I wouldn't have selected a 220/224 in a truck.
As you know, I researched for at least 6 months, probably more, reviewed hundreds of threads, posted hundreds of posts, exchanged hundreds of emails or PM's, Sent out several detailed requests to custom Cam grinders, talked with several experts;
this is what I found, each one would select a Cam just a little bit different than the next but all were pretty close to each other.

Goal: Hopefully it will extend my powerband to 6500rpms without impacting my lowend to any great extent, thats prettymuch it in a nutshell.
The proof will be in the pudding, we will see, maybe I made the wrong choice, obviously, I feel this Cam is the right choice, time will tell.
The good news is, I will post all my results, good or bad, which I have always done
Old 06-04-2005, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Up to your usual standards and I hope they exceed your expectations.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:05 AM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Mort

Up to your usual standards and I hope they exceed your expectations.
lol, yes they are
Old 06-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Former Moderator :(

YO Grippy will the goods be in place for Fontana? looks like a little track tuning may be in the picture. I want a set a heads ! Hmm wonder what I can sell ? Ahhh the wife and kids! forget it that will only get me springs.
Old 06-04-2005, 10:32 AM
what a rush!

Originally Posted by Crash Dummy
YO Grippy will the goods be in place for Fontana? looks like a little track tuning may be in the picture. I want a set a heads ! Hmm wonder what I can sell ? Ahhh the wife and kids! forget it that will only get me springs.
lol, obviously, I am impressed with WCCH's work.

not for fontana. I still need some decent baseline Radix only runs for my records, the damn G80 blew on me last month

I'm bringing my HPTuners for logging
Old 06-04-2005, 10:45 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Crash Dummy

Sell the wife and kids?
Old 06-04-2005, 10:47 AM
FormerVendor

Brian: Nice sig. I look forward to talking to you on monday.

As for questions about the finished port sizes, most of the metal is removed from the bowl area and guide boss. The intake port walls, roof and floor are little more than scrapped with a tool to straighten up shifted port cores. The factory cores don't leave much room to reshape without making the port volumes large. At least using a CNC machine. Some places in the intake and exhaust ports remain untouched by the CNC. The bare spots are in non critical areas so I don't see the need to machine over them. The exhaust port volume is 86.4cc not 88cc as earlier stated.

Recently a customer dynoed his 6.0L Magnusson powered truck using our first designed port (which was a 235cc runner volume) and a 208º/210º cam. It dynoed at 472rwhp and 521rwtq making 8psi of boost. The engine put out over 500rwtq from 3200rpm to 4800rpm and was pretty well done making power at 5800rpm. It has a stock smooth idle and delivers impressive pedal response.

Richard

Quick Reply: WCCH Stage 2 Cylinder Heads are Here! My Experience, Full Specs and Detailed Pics!