Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vinci / Crane Cam Tuner Combo?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vinci / Crane Cam Tuner Combo?

Does anyone have any opinions on the Vinci Tuner and Cam combo? I believe they are produced by crane cams and marketed under Vinci. Here's the site:

http://www.vincihighperformance.com/SUVGMMAINPAGE.HTML

Any opinions of that coupled with a 216° 224° 278° 286° 115° .551" .551" cam?

I have no clue when it comes to cam's and tuning and I don't have much free time, so I would like to keep it as simple as possible. I plan on a small stall and built tranny soon too.

Any opinions? Anyone running this set up yet?
Old 12-03-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure the tuners are cam specific.....don't hold me to that though
Old 12-03-2004, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

I'm running the LS1 little brother to that cam... the 047 grind (on the car page). I admit that I've been looking at that cam lately. (216 on the intake, 115 to spread the power out... Hmmmmmm.) To be honest though, I don't know what to think of that cam. Mine's the 210/218 .531 112 cam. Power from 1,900-6000. I know that one you're looking is rated for about 2,200 to 6,000. I think if you like things to be mildy agressive, it'll be a nice fit in a 5.3. If you call them up, you'll probable end up talking to Roger about what you're looking to do with the truck and all that stuff - he's a real nice guy and will set you straight.

The tuners will be able to handle anything from a stock engine, to one running one of their more radical cams. MRR23 has a cool page up with some good info on the tuner.

Here it is: http://www.stealthram.com/vhptuner.htm
Old 12-03-2004, 10:34 PM
10 Second Club

you beat me to it marc. you can run anyone's cam you want. you just pick the cam tune according to the duration at .050 that matches. then you can make adjustments form there. read up on the tuner using the link marc provided. right now there is a christmas special going on in the sponsor section.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:27 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've messed around with the tuner with my Comp cam, and it is awesome. I was fighting 7.9* of false knock, and this thing still pulled like a monster. Plus I was able to compensate for the larger injectors that I installed and adjust the idle perfectly for my cam. If you're getting one of those Crane/VHP cams I'd definitely get the tuner to go with it. I know how well it worked for me with my Comp cam, I can only imagine what it would do for the cams that it's programmed for. These guys really did their homework and they're super nice too. I talked to one of them on the phone...not Roger, the son (can't remember his name right now) John? ...well anyway he answered all of my questions and was even willing to have me send it back to see if they could tweak it a little bit to try and help with my knock issues. Awesome customer service.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hmmmm...

That sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. I wonder if they have an option to minimize TM? I'll be calling them on Monday to get the low down.

I don't mind if the cam is a little agressive as long as it pulls strong and I don't have to spin the crap out of the engine.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

as far as TM is concerned, the parameters are set very wide. so, it's still there, but shouldn't ever come on.
Old 12-04-2004, 10:46 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

I've asked this question several times but still haven't gotten an answer. Can this tuner be used on a different vehicle once it has been used, as long as the tuning is put back to stock for the first vehicle?? I know with the Hypertech this is the case, which allows for some re-sale value. I think the Predator becomes permanently locked to a VIN once it is used once. What is the case for the Crane/Vinci tuner?
Old 12-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuner

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
I've asked this question several times but still haven't gotten an answer. Can this tuner be used on a different vehicle once it has been used, as long as the tuning is put back to stock for the first vehicle?? I know with the Hypertech this is the case, which allows for some re-sale value. I think the Predator becomes permanently locked to a VIN once it is used once. What is the case for the Crane/Vinci tuner?
Yes it can be used on other vehicle's once it has been used, as long as the tuning is put back to stock. I have one that I programed my 2004 silverado with and really made a big differance, although I bought a STS and will be selling mine in a few weeks.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:12 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by hotrod04
Yes it can be used on other vehicle's once it has been used, as long as the tuning is put back to stock. I have one that I programed my 2004 silverado with and really made a big differance, although I bought a STS and will be selling mine in a few weeks.
Let me know if and when you are selling it, and for how much. I'd like first dibs on it since I've been considering trying one myself. I'd like to see the differences between it and my Hypertech, and I like the idea about raising the idle, since my 6.0L with cam may need that feature. I've also got someone local who will probrobally take the Hypertech off my hands.

Quick Reply: Vinci / Crane Cam Tuner Combo?