Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck acting a little funky after trans go install...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truck acting a little funky after trans go install...

Installed the trans go today and the truck likes to start off from 2nd gear when pulling away from a light normally. If I add a little throttle to it it will down shift into 1st but all in all it will start off in second, why is that? I already had the billet servos in the truck as well and no washers are in the acc. Also when I was installing the kit I didnt have the "purple" spring that goes in the valve body. Could that be the problem? If I need to give any more information that I left out please let me know.

Thanks,
Sean
Old 03-29-2004, 06:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Where does the purple spring go ?

Did you mess with the little black box on the drivers side of the tranny where the cable is hooked up to it and goes into the tranny?
Old 03-29-2004, 07:46 PM
TECH Resident

Hey sean, did you assemble the 2nd accum the right way? Its *** backwards from they way you pull it out, so that can be confusing. Did the housing and the piston look ok on the 2nd accum? Some people replace the piston because its plastic and some have had problems with that. Mostly bogging problems after it shifts to 2nd but its most likely the culprit in my thoughts. You got all the check ***** in the right area too? I'll call you in a little bit.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Flyer
Where does the purple spring go ?

Did you mess with the little black box on the drivers side of the tranny where the cable is hooked up to it and goes into the tranny?
If I put the selector in 1st the truck is in 1st. If I put the selector in "D" the truck will take off in 2nd and will stay in 2nd if I dont give enough throttle to downshift into 1st. The cable is ok I didnt mess with that but I will double check it this morning.

If you are looking at the instruction manual. The page where you install the new valves and springs into the valve body. If you look at the bottom left hand side of the page you will see where you have to put this "purple" spring in place of another spring. It is located right above one of the solenoids that is by itself as per looking at the instruction page. I am going to give transgo call this morning and see I can get some head way.

Thanks fellas,
Sean
Old 03-30-2004, 10:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Let us know what they say. Only other thing I could think of is that maybe the manual detent cable is out of line or something. Did you get all the bolts in the right place on the valve body?
Old 03-30-2004, 04:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Well, you're going to want all the springs in the VB as per the manual.

Also Flyer has a point with the bolts, if they are installed incorrectly you can hve problems...

Did you grind the manual valve properly?
Old 03-30-2004, 06:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

The grinding should only affect park/reverse, and MAYBE neutral. If it sin't lined up right though ... that would be a different story.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Flyer
The grinding should only affect park/reverse, and MAYBE neutral. If it sin't lined up right though ... that would be a different story.
I got it... It was a loose bolt on the 2nd accum. I was working on my truck and helping a friend on a ZO6 installing a clutch. So in between the jobs I just over looked it. LOL! Looks for the input guys.

Sean
Old 03-30-2004, 06:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Louis@nitrodaves
I got it... It was a loose bolt on the 2nd accum. I was working on my truck and helping a friend on a ZO6 installing a clutch. So in between the jobs I just over looked it. LOL! Looks for the input guys.

Sean

Ah yes, rushed labor always equates to problems. Glad ya got it fixed.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Glad it was nothing major!

Quick Reply: Truck acting a little funky after trans go install...