Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

they FINALLY came in! headers!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default they FINALLY came in! headers!

But they dont look coated? wtf? i guess thats pacesetters soft coat? anyways me and my friend are going to do it on sunday hopefully.. he has the ramps. I cant get into that link on header install.. it just doesnt load on this dial up computer.. ive been searching for 30 mins for other tips tricks and tools needed.. should i re use the stock gaskets and bolts? do i need penetrating lube? btw im 2wd. im guessing this will take 5 hrs to do.. i cant wait to here the sound.. but i doubt ill feel a performance difference until i get the tune back from jesse.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

ok i just got done putting dynatech headers and cats on mine with corsa sport exhaust...it is very loud at wide open throttle....but man does it sound sweet....

get some PB penetrater...spray the head bolts and the three bolts on the stock cats before removing...

tips-if you arent planning on saving the stokc y-pipe cut it out and get an air hammer to pop the bolts on the cats...i would not suggest using the air hammer on the head bolt just because it would suck to break one off...also go and get some new gaskets the arent that expensive.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea im saving everything.. im looking at this egr right now.. should i just block it off with some metal?
Old 01-04-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

also i just found out that jesse shipped my pcm back to me. can i put this in before the headers? i told him to tune it for the headers? i think he just deleted the 02s.