Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there ever a point where you question the point of trying to make a truck fast?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RandomHero
I have that problem with my truck worse than most cars do
TRY R.R. on a RCSB w/ my setup. However, my QA1s help. Even w/ my QA1s, I still feel railroad tracks on this 1 road. I usu. avoid that road for that very reason, or slow before approaching. I like to have the truck handle, so if I change the settings just for the RR tracks I seldom go over, I'd miss out on other fun.
Mark, I forgot. How much drop do u have? Your Ext Cab helps, right?
I know it's the combo of parts, but a ECSB has that nice wheelbase or longbeds, to help out w/a smooth ride.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by fastnblu
TRY R.R. on a RCSB w/ my setup. However, my QA1s help. Even w/ my QA1s, I still feel railroad tracks on this 1 road. I usu. avoid that road for that very reason, or slow before approaching. I like to have the truck handle, so if I change the settings just for the RR tracks I seldom go over, I'd miss out on other fun.
Mark, I forgot. How much drop do u have? Your Ext Cab helps, right?
I know it's the combo of parts, but a ECSB has that nice wheelbase or longbeds, to help out w/a smooth ride.
Now it's currently at a 4/7 but I ran it at 5/7 at one point

Bout the best pic I have of the drop
Old 11-29-2008, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

before i had my RST i had 2 mustangs and an Iroc-Z, i used to get pulled over all the time with the cars yet have only gotten pulled over twice with the truck(knock on wood). it seems even with the loud exhaust the truck still flies under the radar, just bc a cop would look and think " that couldnt have been that truck". also you gotta love the room factor
Old 11-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Launching!

Well I am a truck guy, but I got my work cut out for me. I have to figure out how to make my 99 Silverado 5.3 run with my freinds 99 Camaro SS 338Hp/354fptq
Old 11-29-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Big Chuk, contact Blown Chevy. I'm sure he can tell u what product to use. Or take the easy way out & buy a G8 to mod!
Old 11-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by Big Chuk
Well I am a truck guy, but I got my work cut out for me. I have to figure out how to make my 99 Silverado 5.3 run with my freinds 99 Camaro SS 338Hp/354fptq
I'd imagine you can do that with Bolt ons, cam, gears, stall and a tune.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:47 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by BLKZ71
don't forget the problem most cars have with speed bumps or steep inclined drive ways. at least i can hop a curb if i need to
Originally Posted by RandomHero
I have that problem with my truck worse than most cars do
Wouldn't know what u guy's are talking about....
Old 11-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

Originally Posted by KySilverado
Everybody has a fast F-Body or Mustang. It's too easy.
damn strait
Old 11-29-2008, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
take my buddy for example...
99 TA
Stock LS1
K&N filter
TR6 plugs (nightmare to put in!!)
PS LT Headers (horrific.. haha)
y pipe
Hooker aerochamber
Yank SS3600
Nelson 4L60E (dont even ask on these 2.. )
Stock 2.73s
I tuned it for him..
He went a best of 12.8 last night...
3600ish#

Me on the other hand,
stock LQ4
stock TC/80E
STS @ 5psi
50 wet shot thru a TB plate
stock 3.42s
28" slick
roughly 5000#

12.5@110

now which would you have?
He cant tow 9000#
its hard getting in and out of the car
his is a pain to work on, it took both of us to put #8 spark plug in..
got to worry about trans temps with a stall that big..

I wont ever trade mine for a crappy car...
Sheesh........he needs a set of gears before he even thinks about doing any more mods.........that would easily bring him to the low 12's.........anyway......i agree with most of the above from all of you,

but would not......EVER trade the ride in my GTO for the ride in the truck. Those seats are just made for comfort, way better than the F bodies, and they actually have bolsters unlike any Full size I have ridden in. And the stigma that was mentioned about the vette........its just the opposite around here if you have a truck with any exhaust/wheels tires........."just another redneck that can't afford a muffler"" Its kinda sad, especially when good folks like yourselves actually have fast trucks with engines that actually need the 3" strait exhaust to move all that air out get looked over and scoffed at because of hillbillies and janes that think they need to be heard for 3 miles in all directions

Nater
Old 11-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Raffman
You can list the prices of all the mods it takes to make these trucks fast but the look on the face of the (corvette, mustang, camaro) owners face as you beat them is priceless!
seen this a time are two priceless love it and that is one thing that keeps me going with truck.

Everybody has a fast F-Body or Mustang. It's too easy.
way to easy they al run good to a point

Originally Posted by trever1t
I NEVER wonder why I spent the $ to go fast, but I do wonder when I will be satisfied. I said a long time ago the 12.5 was my goal....
sounds like me 13.0s was mine 4 years ago

Think I've told the story before. At the track once. Me and a buddy who has an absolutely drop dead sexy all black 03 Cobra. Runs 10's.

We're parked side by side in the pits after a couple passes. I have like 15 guys and gals huddled around the truck with all the questions and gawking under the hood. Not a soul is looking at or talking with him about his Cobra.

love that **** and the car guys are like what the f__k this guy has that i don't everyone has a truck

Quick Reply: Is there ever a point where you question the point of trying to make a truck fast?