Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Is this the TBSS intake i need?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 10:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbrown1320
The only thing that needs to be accounted for, is that the flex fuel equipped trucks had a different fuel rail to accommodate the taller flex fuel injectors. If you plan to use another (shorter) injector with that rail, you may need injector spacers to make up the difference in height. The non flex fuel trucks came with rails that were the correct height to retain your shorter oem 99-07 injectors.
Ya that's what I've heard. I started this thread with the intention of adding a procharger, but since I am going with a whipple or Maggie I will no longer need a tbss intake. But I appreciate ur and everyone else's input 😀
Old 10-23-2016, 07:33 AM
10 Second Club

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
Thumbs up

Problem solved! I wish it had been in the budget, I would have gone with an Edelbrock eforce on my LQ4.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 86 IROC
Problem solved! I wish it had been in the budget, I would have gone with an Edelbrock eforce on my LQ4.
Ya not really in my budget as far as cash on hand, I'm just gonna get a loan for the blower. My plan is to have it all done by next summer, sort of a winter project. I'm completely redoing the top end and that's gonna be around 3-4k. Prolly buy something each paycheck