Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Switched to Magnaflow..

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 04:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Switched to Magnaflow..

Saturday I went to the exhaust shop and had them ditch my dual/dual flowmaster 50 series dual side exit(in front of the tire) and I had them put on the biggest Magnaflow #12588 Stainless Muffler. I had it run dual 2.5 in/single 3" out behind the tire. I was looking for less resonance on the highway and cruising around and I got exactly that. I'd definetely reccomend it, I can see right through the muffler but I hear the tires on the road at 80 MPH and it growls nicely when I get on it with just a slight rumble cruising around town. Its a huge difference over the flowmaster, which sounded good at first but the sound quality has steadily declined and the resonance was really starting to get to me. Now I just need to figure out what tip to put on... I decided to wait on that because I couldn't figure out what to get.... any ideas are welcomed
ryan
Old 05-31-2005, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

Just realized this should be in Truck Performance... Would one of the mods mind fixing this...? thanks
Old 05-31-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im hoping Ill get the same results 40 flow with no cats and lt's is definately cuasing me hearing damage
Old 05-31-2005, 04:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by fastinspirit02
Now I just need to figure out what tip to put on... I decided to wait on that because I couldn't figure out what to get.... any ideas are welcomed
ryan
Go with the Corsa Dual Pro Series 4.0 it's a pretty hot lookin' tip.

Corsa Tips

Do you get any low speed resonance?
Old 05-31-2005, 05:15 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS Crew

Corsa Tips

Yea they are sexy, but damn $170. I think I'm gona half *** turn down /side exit in front of pass. rear tire when mine gets here. I'm so impaitent I'm fixin to go get one of these flows laying around the house put on. I want my Magnaflow BAD.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:18 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fastinspirit02
Just realized this should be in Truck Performance... Would one of the mods mind fixing this...? thanks
Old 05-31-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

I too installed a Magnaflow can on my truck. Basically an "axle-back," system. It's great to say the least. It's quiet, and is only loud at about 1900RPM and when you get on it.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

I put a Magnaflow stainless tip with the rolled end. It really looked good when it was put on but now it is all stained and tarnished. I have tried metal polishes and steel wool but the stain won't come out. Don't know if I just got a bad one or what. I think I'll go chrome next time.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SS Crew

Corsa Tips

when just cruising at a low speed I don't get any resonance unless i accelerate, if so I do not notice it (still used to the flowmasters) I like the corsa tips alot but they are kinda pricey... May be worth it though
Old 06-01-2005, 01:07 PM
Launching!

I had a '99 ecsb with the 5.3L and put a Magnaflow on it. At 1600 - 2300 rpm that thing was a drone monster, so I'm still kind of leary on the Mags. I know that the muffler was not stainless and it wasn't too long either. Now my new truck has the 6.0. I thought about the long stainless one that you have, but I hate shelling out $200 bucks for something that drives me nuts, especially if I'm towing for 200 miles.

Yes the Corsa tips are a little pricey, but not too many people have those. I've got the dual 4.0' tip, now I need some sound to go with the look, I'm leaning to the FloPro 2503.

Quick Reply: Switched to Magnaflow..