Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

SE, do yawl offer anything for the 2008 Hummer H2 (6.2l L92)?
Old 03-03-2019, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that should fit man, its literally a Tahoe frame with the hummer body and such
Old 03-03-2019, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

I'm hoping so, they offer just about everything I need to put a system together so I was thinking the same thing, its a K2500 front frame section.

Neal
Old 03-04-2019, 09:48 AM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by legerwn
SE, do yawl offer anything for the 2008 Hummer H2 (6.2l L92)?
I know the manifolds and Y-Pipes are the same as the trucks. I am not sure on hanger points etc however.

Thanks
Sean
Old 03-05-2019, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

Speed Engineering,

Not real concerned with hangers as I can move them where needed.

Looking at SS headers, high flow cats, axle dump pipe and mufflers modified to exit at rear of truck. Looks as if I can get most of this from yawl with the exception of the high flow cats. Did some research on some high flow cats as I haven't had good luck with them but it looks like there are some with good reviews, normally I try to use the OEM cats.

I would need pipes to go over the axle, didn't see that on your web site so may need to source that local or if you do offer them can you point me in that direction?

I noticed that there are different mufflers on the axle dump and rear exit kits, can you explain why? What type of mufflers are these?

You see any thing I may be missing?

Thanks Neal
Old 03-05-2019, 07:03 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,329 Likes on 792 Posts

Speed Engineering...

I noticed that there are different mufflers on the axle dump and rear exit kits, can you explain why? What type of mufflers are these?
IIRC he mentioned (paraphrased) the rear exit kits have the larger muffler to quieten the system even more for those looking for that option. Both mufflers are a straight through design with packing. For me the rear exit duals are just right, not so loud you can't hear the radio or have a conversation while normal driving, open the throttle and they sound off. In this thread others complained about the rear exit being to loud, I'm happy with the sound, I'm really old too (61)
Old 03-05-2019, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for info RedXray, I think with the cats it will bring the sound level down some
I want rear exit but they need to be straight out the back, the only option I see with the SE setups are to the side at the rear of the tire but this isn't an issue as I can make it what I want.
Very nice truck you have there,

Neal
Old 03-06-2019, 05:07 AM
100% Redneck

Thanks for info RedXray, I think with the cats it will bring the sound level down some
I want rear exit but they need to be straight out the back, the only option I see with the SE setups are to the side at the rear of the tire but this isn't an issue as I can make it what I want.
Very nice truck you have there,

Neal
Thanks

Yeah I'd agree on the cats helping muffle the loudness somewhat.

The only thing I don't like with the side exit... is burnouts, the rubber ***** stick to the hot pipes making it a bitch to clean

The tails on mine with the 4/6 drop would not go over the axle housing without hitting the bed floor. My muffler guy cut and added some regular pipe to make it work. He tried cutting and re-welding the SE stainless tails without much success. It wasn't a big deal as I was just happy getting the tails on to quiet it down plus he only charged me $50 for an hours work using his pipe and hangers.

I can say with just the turndowns I installed behind the muffles the truck sounded amazing but it was so loud it vibrated and rattled the interior panels

From the rear the tails didn't appeal very much to me, they looked asymmetrical with all the stainless to one side, so I blacked them out with VHT black & VHT clear.

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..-laur1zz.jpg

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..-ysan4d4.jpg

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..-iantblv.jpg
Old 10-07-2019, 11:56 AM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

any more updates/sound clips on the side exits? mine for my 2014 is on the way. tired of the y pipe and 3.5” exhaust. sounds like **** at decent passing-traffic throttle. i’ll post an update once I install mine next weekend
Old 10-07-2019, 05:30 PM
100% Redneck

Originally Posted by hunterbohanan23
any more updates/sound clips on the side exits? mine for my 2014 is on the way. tired of the y pipe and 3.5” exhaust. sounds like **** at decent passing-traffic throttle. i’ll post an update once I install mine next weekend
I loved the sound of my over the axle system. Very well engineered and the stainless mufflers are some of the best looking mufflers I've seen. Unfortunately around a year the mufflers developed a buzzing rattling sound during idle that drove me crazy.

My muffler guy installed a couple Magnaflow's and ran new tails out the rear. I shook the SE muffler assembly listening for a rattle but couldn't hear anything. I'm guessing after some of the packing burned out the thin stainless skin was what was buzzing. Probably just my luck as I haven't read anyone else having that issue. They were sort of loud but sounded amazing. Since the Magnaflows have broken in they also sound good but not quite as loud.

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..