Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Tig
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Cammed,
THAT sounds awesome.
How big are the mufflers? Do you know the dimensions?
Old 05-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tig
Cammed,
THAT sounds awesome.
How big are the mufflers? Do you know the dimensions?
Sean told me not to long ago, i cant really remember though. I believe they were somewhere around 21" long? Lol
Old 07-24-2017, 12:14 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

anyone have any photos of hangers for your exhaust, mine has just about driven me insane rattling banging around on cross member and my rear shock, we have some rough roads, even when I crank mine it just rattles off a cross member right past the x pipe, I love everything else but I'm ready to sell and start over
Old 07-24-2017, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default No pics same issues

Originally Posted by Ksnell
anyone have any photos of hangers for your exhaust, mine has just about driven me insane rattling banging around on cross member and my rear shock, we have some rough roads, even when I crank mine it just rattles off a cross member right past the x pipe, I love everything else but I'm ready to sell and start over
I am going to take mine up to the exhaust shop. I am planning on having him weld it all up. I still have a rattle (actually sounds like engine knock)and have developed a leak presumably at a band clamp. I do not have any issues at the shock because I already had custom tailpipes done off mufflers. I have been busy working on my new truck hot rod is on the back burner.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ksnell
I actually raised mine up off the cross member and added my own hangers because the exhaust shop had cut all my factory ones off, worked better that way too.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:58 AM
Teching In

Cammed_denali86 I like the sound of the side exit kit. From the video is sounds like a deeper tone. I prefer that over the raspy sound of the dump kit.

I just finished pulling out the 5.3 from my silverado rcsb z71. Tomorrow will drop in the cammed 6.0. I need to order exhaust ASAP. How long will it take to arrive if i order tomorrow, or can i even talk to someone on Saturday? I just don't know what kit to order for the sound i'm looking for.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:17 AM
Teching In

I am hoping for some feedback on this. My truck is currently ~dumped. It has stock exhaust with a 40 series flowmaster. It originally had 2 chrome tips i cut everything off with a sawsall about 4" after the flowmaster. I call that dumped. LOL It's been like this for 10 years or so. I like the way it sounds. So I'm leaning toward the dumped exhaust set-up but i think it may be too loud for my wife and neighbors. It's my DD.

My question. It looks like i can easily add 2 more mufflers just before the "mufflers" that come on the dump kit if i decide it's too loud. Will there be enough room to do this (reg cab short bed)? Will the extra mufflers make the sound more raspy or deep growl?

Thanks everyone for posting all your sound clips. This thread is huge! I tried clicking through it all but there's no way!!! It would take 2 weeks and I need my exhaust in a few days!
Old 08-13-2017, 12:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

Call them about shipping time or put a set of headers in the check out and see what shipping time is. It's going to be at least 3-5 business days depending on location.

You're going to want a resonator or a second larger muffler. No cats with a long tubes and a flowmaster will rasp and drone just crazy. Make you have a headache and conversations will be a a yelling volume on a dumped exhaust. Extend the tail pipe if you want it to be quieter.

Vibrant makes a nice resonator as to other companies.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:49 PM
Teching In

i have the se exhaust with axel dump on my cammed 5.3 its loud as **** i hate it but it came with the truck plan is to sell it soon and replace with something much quieter.i considered flowmasters like on my c5 but leaning towards magnaflow
Old 08-15-2017, 07:06 PM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you guys for the comments and business.. Yes, the axle dump system is definitely an aggressive sounding exhaust. If your looking to quiet the exhaust down some our rear exit kit is the way to go without compromising much hp.

Thanks
Sean

Quick Reply: Speed Engineering True Dual Exhaust Prototype..