Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Smoothing a TBSS intake, vs structural integ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think there would be any benefit to doing this to the stock nbs 78mm intake?
Old 05-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhino79
I had mine off and did a mild port job to just the opening, I also ground off all the studs and garbage EXCEPT for the ribs. It should be plenty thick though, from what i saw when I partially cleaned mine up, it was beefy.

You have any pics?? This will def get done if I can some how get the wire harness off of it, rerouted some. But from the sounds of what I have been told, that harness is not going to move much, unless I take it out, redo it.. FUKN BUMMER

Originally Posted by Bama2door
Do you think there would be any benefit to doing this to the stock nbs 78mm intake?
What smoothing it??? This is just cosmetic.. Unless your talking about porting it..
Old 05-04-2011, 07:17 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
You have any pics?? This will def get done if I can some how get the wire harness off of it, rerouted some. But from the sounds of what I have been told, that harness is not going to move much, unless I take it out, redo it.. FUKN BUMMER
Ill take some now, I did mine and rerouted the harness a bit without cutting it at all besides taking the map wires out of the loom to reroute it. Gimme about 10-15 ill have em up!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Baltimore Whore

Thumbs up

Ill take some now, I did mine and rerouted the harness a bit without cutting it at all besides taking the map wires out of the loom to reroute it. Gimme about 10-15 ill have em up!
Beautiful. Also gime some details what you did as far as the harness.. Thanks
Old 05-04-2011, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Beautiful. Also gime some details what you did as far as the harness.. Thanks
me wana know also...lol.. i just slapped mine on but its in stock form..
Old 05-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Launching!

What smoothing it??? This is just cosmetic.. Unless your talking about porting it..
Sorry I meant porting the inside of it...
Old 05-04-2011, 07:51 PM
9 Second Club

Here ya go:

I didnt do much with the harness really, I think I disconnected the map sensor and cut the tie wraps, split the loom to retrieve the map wires to give the extra room for the harness to set on the fuel rail sort of. Like I said, I didn't buzz the ribs, but just doing the little cleanup I did helped A Lot imo, lemme know whatcha think!
Old 05-04-2011, 07:54 PM
9 Second Club

I have debated, prepping and painting those ribs red. I basically used the cutoff wheel and that was it, didn't spend a lot of time with it. But its on my list to do.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:59 PM
Baltimore Whore

That looks fukn fabulous.. If i can get my harness like that I would be happy.. Just hope I don't run into issue with the harness and the blower( since it sits in the driver side fender area) Thanks for the pics.. So the harness moved pretty easy once you popped all the fasteners off the intake that held it.. Thanks again.. Def gives me some thoughts on what to do.. As far as the map goes, did you use the one in the TBSS intake or the one from stock one? Did you change anything in the tune after the intake, other then fuel???
Old 05-04-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Here ya go:

I didnt do much with the harness really, I think I disconnected the map sensor and cut the tie wraps, split the loom to retrieve the map wires to give the extra room for the harness to set on the fuel rail sort of. Like I said, I didn't buzz the ribs, but just doing the little cleanup I did helped A Lot imo, lemme know whatcha think!
Clean!!

Quick Reply: Smoothing a TBSS intake, vs structural integ??