Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Sister is buying performance parts for my brother in law. What should she get?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2002, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sister is buying performance parts for my brother in law. What should she get?

My brother in laws birthday is coming up and my sister wants to get him some truck parts. I know my brother in law will want the power on tap, not like N20. I'm also sure my sister isn't going to want to go buy a SC either.

So tell me what is out there and what has shown real gains and aprox pricing as well. Thanks guys for the help.
Old 05-19-2002, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Sister is buying performance parts for my brother in law. What should she get?

Hypertech programmer... 350 bucks or so (ebay is cheaper)
K&N gen 2 filtercharger... 240.
Pulley's... around 180 + belt.
Hope this helps,
-Kurt
Old 05-19-2002, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

Default Re: Sister is buying performance parts for my brother in law. What should she get?

I think the HPPIII is probably the best gift. A lot of guys are picky with their mods etc. companies, design, performance etc......and the HPPIII is one of the few mods in which is almost standard with these trucks, besides LS1 Edit. Can't really go wrong with it.

www.hypertech-inc.com
Old 05-19-2002, 03:28 PM
Staging Lane

The HPPIII is definitely good.... just being able to change the speed limiter alone is worth it. i got mine for 365 at 4 wheel parts or something like that on Laffayette.
Old 05-19-2002, 03:35 PM
TECH Resident

http://www.tbyrne.com/truckcatalog.html

They have it for 339.99.... best deal I have found yet. Most places are 350
Old 05-19-2002, 03:52 PM
Staging Lane

BTW, where do you usually go run???
Old 05-22-2002, 10:38 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by norcal5.3:
<strong>BTW, where do you usually go run???</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's not a runner.. It's a wheeler. I know him well enough to know he is not real picky if the company is solid and it shows true gains.. Is the HPP3 really worth it for the tunning they give you? I never bought one for my SS (Planning on LS1 edit) but I can't see it helping too much for power gains. I agree having some more flexability is nice, but when we have talked he feels the truck just simply needs more power. Thanks guys/girls again..
Old 05-22-2002, 01:02 PM
TECH Resident

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by LIL SS:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by norcal5.3:
<strong>BTW, where do you usually go run???</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's not a runner.. It's a wheeler. I know him well enough to know he is not real picky if the company is solid and it shows true gains.. Is the HPP3 really worth it for the tunning they give you? I never bought one for my SS (Planning on LS1 edit) but I can't see it helping too much for power gains. I agree having some more flexability is nice, but when we have talked he feels the truck just simply needs more power. Thanks guys/girls again..</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh it'll help. You're not going to feel massive change on the butt dyno like you would with N20 etc., but it definitely is an excellent mod if you require some gains.

Oxidizr did some tuning with/without it......showed results of 13 extra RWHP and 7.4 RWTQ.

Improved gas mileage, changeable shift points......etc. Anyone here will tell you, the HPP3 is one of the most easiest and best modifications for your dollar to these trucks. Any other modifications to gain such an increase in performance are ofcourse going to cost a decently sized penny.
Old 05-22-2002, 01:11 PM
Staging Lane

no I meant where do you usually run your SS on the weekends???
Old 05-22-2002, 06:34 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by norcal5.3:
<strong>no I meant where do you usually run your SS on the weekends???</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have gone to sac a couple times in the car, I have played in SJ a couple nights but stay more toward my house which is in Watsonville. I play on the streets of Watsonville, Hollister, Salinas and am supposed to meet up with some Santa Cruz guys some time.

Thanks guys for the help..

Quick Reply: Sister is buying performance parts for my brother in law. What should she get?