Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schoenfled 1302 ls1 headers warning!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 10:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schoenfled 1302 ls1 headers warning!!!

Ok, here goes my rant, I just want to let everyone know the issue I have with the coated schoenfled headers part number 1302. The headers have no exhaust flange on the collectors! I called Bill at schoenfled and asked him how they recommend to hook the exhaust up, he said to take it to exhaust shop and have it welded on or weld on flanges! I said I would rather not weld on coated headers!! He is a jack a#% on the phone in my opinion wich makes it worse! So basically what I am saying is if anyone is planning on buying these headers, get your flanges or v-bands welded on first befor you spend 275 to get them coated! By the way, nitrocoat in Tn. Is who they use to do the coating! I bought mine straight from schoenfled and I feel like they should have offered up this info to me b4 I bought them! But I guess they like making money on the coating, even tho they don't do it in house, so they don't want you to know this first! Hope this helps someone in the future!
Old 07-12-2013, 12:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Use band clamps..
Old 07-12-2013, 02:06 PM
11 Second Club

So you bought the headers without seeing them first, sight unseen?

Lot's of headers come without flanges BTW. Most people plan out there exhaust system a little better before making a purchase like that. I mean, even if they had flanges, wouldn't you want to know what kind of flange it had? Three bolt flange, ball flange etc... Or if they came with a different flange than what you expected, would you still be pissed at them?

Kinda sounds like you're trying to blame the header mfg for your own ignorance.

Mike
Old 07-12-2013, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
Use band clamps..
Band clamps leak!!!! It be ok for a track car but no good for street car!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Never heard of them before.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Talking

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
So you bought the headers without seeing them first, sight unseen?

Lot's of headers come without flanges BTW. Most people plan out there exhaust system a little better before making a purchase like that. I mean, even if they had flanges, wouldn't you want to know what kind of flange it had? Three bolt flange, ball flange etc... Or if they came with a different flange than what you expected, would you still be pissed at them?

Kinda sounds like you're trying to blame the header mfg for your own ignorance.

Mike
I think you are missing the point there Mike! Let me help you! What I was saying is b4 someone buy's these headers just know to have the flanges put on b4 they get them coated! If the headers had any kind of flange they wouldn't need to be welded on and mess up the coating now would it there Mike!! It is way more simple to put exhaust on coated headers than to put coated headers on exhaust! And yes I feel like when ordering these directly from the manufacture and requesting having them coated that the info on the flanges could have bin offered up, and I am just trying to help someone out! I think the fact that I said the guy named Bill was a jack a#% may have offended you because you are obviously a lot like him!!! My apology Mike, Regards
Old 07-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

You guys need to relax a bit, come on its Friday. ...
Old 07-12-2013, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

http://www.schoenfeldheaders.com/1302DIM.htm

So you bought these headers knowingly they didn't have flanges, then have them coated, then you call to complain when you recieve coated headers with no flanges.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by skinumback
I think you are missing the point there Mike! Let me help you! What I was saying is b4 someone buy's these headers just know to have the flanges put on b4 they get them coated! If the headers had any kind of flange they wouldn't need to be welded on and mess up the coating now would it there Mike!! It is way more simple to put exhaust on coated headers than to put coated headers on exhaust! And yes I feel like when ordering these directly from the manufacture and requesting having them coated that the info on the flanges could have bin offered up, and I am just trying to help someone out! I think the fact that I said the guy named Bill was a jack a#% may have offended you because you are obviously a lot like him!!! My apology Mike, Regards
LOL,,,, I'm not offended at all but you're right about one thing. I guess him and I are a lot alike. We both assume customers should be smart enough to do their own homework on this ****. Quit trying to place the blame on the mfg for your own **** up!! It's not their responsibility to tell you what their product is or isn't. If you don't know what it looks like or what it comes with then ASK THEM!! Like I mentioned before LOT'S of headers are made without flanges. It's nothing new in the header world....

And thanks for telling what 99% of us already knew, and the other 0.9% would have asked about before ordering. Good job!!

Mike
Old 07-12-2013, 06:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
1302 DIM - Schoenfeld Headers

So you bought these headers knowingly they didn't have flanges, then have them coated, then you call to complain when you recieve coated headers with no flanges.

Ummmm, yes!

Mike

Quick Reply: Schoenfled 1302 ls1 headers warning!!!