Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Procharged GMC truck ran a couple new bests today

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharged GMC truck ran a couple new bests today

Customer of mine took his truck to Cecil, for its first shakedown runs after the trans swap. First pass he said he left at idle, and ran a 11.7 @ 115, on a 1.73 60 ft. He called me to tell me about the run, and I made the mistake of telling him i didnt leave much timing in it, so he asked me if it would be ok to spray it. Told him technically it should be fine with the timing thats in it, but Id REALLY like him to try to leave hard on it and see what the blower can do by itself.

Well long story short he comes back with a 11.0 at 123, he said he couldnt help it and hit the switch when he got into second Ugly 1.84 60 ft

Made some improvements so far, went from a best of 13.3 at 103 when he first brought it down, to 11.7s with the same boost. Goes to show you how much combination really means. He said he wants me to put together a motor combination that will run well into the 10s when the boost is turned up... I think he already has one, but he wants to build the 408 just in case
Old 12-20-2004, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

And you are...........
And details on the truck
Sounds like a good set up

David
Old 12-20-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More details on the truck setup please.
Old 12-21-2004, 12:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Im not important enough to need an introduction lol You could say I do a little tunign here and there

I did some "minor tweaks" that were worth a few tenths Call it a real good tuneup

6.0 stock motor, 9-10 psi ATI, 1500 GMC, no weight reduction yet, Turbo400 3000 stall (4L60e puked in 3 passes) too small 1 3/4 headers with 2.5" collectors Bone stock suspension.

in the next couple weeks throwing blower cam, springs in, and teach Mark how to launch the thing Not going to be so conservative on the tune this time around... because summer time sounds like a good time to put a real motor in it, turn the boost up, get the suspension right, and go chase that Johnny Lightning 9.9x pass
Old 12-21-2004, 12:54 AM
TECH Regular

Keep me informed on what cam you choose, I'm highly interested...
Old 12-21-2004, 01:00 AM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

how big of a shot? and tires?
your gonna have alot of doubters so get ready for the hate. good job next time out bring the camera im dieing to see this...congrats
Old 12-21-2004, 06:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Allgonoshow
And you are...........
And details on the truck
Sounds like a good set up

David
Jeff's a good guy. He's tuned a bunch of local cars, mine included. Wish my truck ran like that one.

Bruce
Old 12-22-2004, 12:02 AM
TECH Junkie

Thank you for the kind words Bruce, youd think from Suprslo and Dirk on EFA I ws out to kill everyone and their moms pets. Couldnt be Im trying to save someone from going down a road Ive already been down I counted how many folders of PCM VINs I had the other day Bruce. two hundred and 30 something

The nitrous hit was a 100-120 shot... but im sure it was nowhere near that much effective power. The exhaust tract is still in need of some serious help for a dual power adder car.. ahem truck. And the cam is well not a nitrous and blower cam obviously. Will take some work to get it right, but well get it there. Guess its a decent start though
Old 12-22-2004, 12:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Tires were about 29 tall Mickey Thompsens, but they werent used to help it launch because Mark is a sissy with the footbrake. More like to keep it from spinning on the shifts is all he was using them for. It kills the ET Drags stomping it at 40 no nitrous. I dont like it much when Mark does it and Im sitting in the passenger seat.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:40 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Originally Posted by lm7
how big of a shot? and tires?
your gonna have alot of doubters so get ready for the hate. good job next time out bring the camera im dieing to see this...congrats
I've seen this truck first hand. So doubt away, but I can verify that it is BAD ***. I posted about this truck awhile back when I first saw it, and he was in here lurking around asking about certain "Edit tables". Since he ran it up at Cecil County, maybe H777 our local Hemi guy can tell ya about it...since he usually runs there himself.

Quick Reply: Procharged GMC truck ran a couple new bests today