Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Plug defoulers work

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by unredeemed
When you have unburnt fuel, your going to have a voltage less then .5V, and when running lean where there is more oxygen, you'll be over .5V generally speaking. exact figures are rounded up to protect the innocent.
I believe that you have this backwards. When the voltage is above 0.450 it indicates a rich condition and below 0.450 indicates a lean condition. With FI it is nice to see the O2s reading around 0.900 at WOT.

It can take a while for the PCM to throw a code for the rear O2s so you might have to run those plug defoulers for quite a long time and still end up setting a code eventually.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

or you could just get them deleted(as mentoned^^) when you get a tune, but i see why Mangled has them.. if i dont get a tune before i get some long tubes i will do this mod... better than getting long tubes, with the cats still in and no delete, just do this mod so you dont have the rework the exhaust again to cut them out,.. unless some people like running them?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:40 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteChevy3
or you could just get them deleted(as mentoned^^) when you get a tune, but i see why Mangled has them.. if i dont get a tune before i get some long tubes i will do this mod... better than getting long tubes, with the cats still in and no delete, just do this mod so you dont have the rework the exhaust again to cut them out,.. unless some people like running them?
Absolutly. This is just my cheap fix till I have a tune done.
Old 10-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Teching In

THE REARS are self heated units so they dont need to be in the stream to work

I think this would work

makes since to me

Id just like to know a way to get the fronts to stop throwing p1133 and p1153 after a LT install on my corvette

noone at the corvette forum knows a way other than to get them tuned out

maybe you guys know a way
Old 11-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Staging Lane

Since it has been a couple of weeks wince the last post has a O2 code shown up and has anyone else tried this yet?
Old 11-11-2005, 04:59 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 355ss
Since it has been a couple of weeks wince the last post has a O2 code shown up and has anyone else tried this yet?

Have not had a light since the install.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:07 PM
Teching In

Will They work for a 95 Chevy K1500?
Old 11-17-2005, 12:20 PM
Teching In

On my 95 I have true duels with one O2 sensor, reading one bank. Sinse i dont have a y or an h pipe to put the O2 sensor in it is running really rich. If i do this trick will it make it run better.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Launching!

Ok, dumb question probably but I'm askin it anyway. You said you can get the computer tuned once you remove the Cats and o2 sensors right? Do you have to take it somewhere or are you talking about a programmer from like Hypertech or JET? I use to have a Hypertech tuner and I don't remember there being an option for that. Yeah, dumb question, I know, but if you don't ask you're still in the dark...........
Old 03-23-2007, 05:15 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greencountry05
Ok, dumb question probably but I'm askin it anyway. You said you can get the computer tuned once you remove the Cats and o2 sensors right? Do you have to take it somewhere or are you talking about a programmer from like Hypertech or JET? I use to have a Hypertech tuner and I don't remember there being an option for that. Yeah, dumb question, I know, but if you don't ask you're still in the dark...........
No, different and much much better. Some of the guys on this site use software that runs on a laptop that by connecting to your vehicle thru the diagnostic port can "re-program" your PCM.
Some of us go to performance shops where a more experienced person might "tune" our vehicles....

Quick Reply: Plug defoulers work