Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Piston Slap My A$$!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Piston Slap My A$$!!!

well they say that the piston slap is nothing to worry about. that is ****** bullshit. I just threw 3 rods a half an hour ago. and im going to raise all hell with the dealership. my truck is pretty much stock, cold air, muffler, and programed. i dont race it at all and it only has 9800 miles on it. and now i have a blown up motor. 3 rods hangin out the block. 2 on the drivers side and 1 on the passenger side. now im really pissed at least it dont knock anymore.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Damn, dude that sucks. Warranty is a good thing! Go up there and raise some hell anyway. I used to be scared of that crap everytime I got on it. After 124,000 miles, it doesn't even cross my mind anymore. Good luck to ya

Originally Posted by slamed 04 silverado
well they say that the piston slap is nothing to worry about. that is ****** bullshit. I just threw 3 rods a half an hour ago. and im going to raise all hell with the dealership. my truck is pretty much stock, cold air, muffler, and programed. i dont race it at all and it only has 9800 miles on it. and now i have a blown up motor. 3 rods hangin out the block. 2 on the drivers side and 1 on the passenger side. now im really pissed
Old 09-26-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Damn, dude that sucks. Warranty is a good thing! Go up there and raise some hell anyway. I used to be scared of that crap everytime I got on it. After 124,000 miles, it doesn't even cross my mind anymore. Good luck to ya
Thanks man. when i bought the truck it had a slight tap. but it continued to get worse. the dealer told me that i was hearing things and there was nothing wrong with it. and it sat right there in front of the guy knocking not tapping. in nicer words he basicaly told me to **** off and i was full of ****. im going to have my truck towed in tomorrow morning and tell that guy to fix my **** or ill call the B.A.R. i dont even have 10,000 miles on the truck!!!

Chris
Old 09-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Launching!

Naw, its fine. Pour some Lucas in there, you'll be alright.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Give it to him! Judging from alot of the recent posts, we, on tech, have come to realize that alot of dealers know absolutely nothing about either tech or gm products. Before a dealer gets on here and gets his panties in a wad, I DID NOT say every dealer. I just noticed the resent increase of stupid dealers trying to school some tech members. I wish I could see the dealers face when you tow the truck back up there and say, "Whats up with that light tap now, bitch?!?!" Kick him in the nuts for the rest of us please.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

That sucks dood. If they give you any ****, be sure to call the GM customer care line. They will get things straightened out. If they have GM breathen down their necks, they will be much more willing to work with you.

Any way you could get some pics of this ??? I think it might be worth posting. If you need someone to host them, I can, just email them to me at flyer@woracing.com.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:32 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2003Silvyrado
Naw, its fine. Pour some Lucas in there, you'll be alright.
i cant pour Lucas in it with 3 rods hanging out of the block....LOL

Chris
Old 09-27-2004, 01:35 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Flyer
That sucks dood. If they give you any ****, be sure to call the GM customer care line. They will get things straightened out. If they have GM breathen down their necks, they will be much more willing to work with you.

Any way you could get some pics of this ??? I think it might be worth posting. If you need someone to host them, I can, just email them to me at flyer@woracing.com.
I will do my best getting you some pics of my blown up motor. my cam is broken but i will try to get my buddys cam and get some pics to you. and i will keep everyone posted on what happens.

Chris
Old 09-27-2004, 01:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel for you. Here are some links you might want to check out.
http://www.pistonslap.com/
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ht=piston+slap

Just keep it on the low.... There are ******* members in here members who will argue to the end that engine noise is not a problem in some 4.8/5.3/6.0 engines
Old 09-27-2004, 01:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

How does piston slap cause three rods to exit the block??? maybe score a cylinder or two, or break a piston skirt(thats a big maybe). Sounds to me that the engine was not assembled right!!!! If knocking keep getting louder and louder, and short amount of time something is serious wrong. Take it in and tell them to give you a forged 408 motor , and you call it even.

Quick Reply: Piston Slap My A$$!!!