Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Pacesetter Header Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tmayhew
Is the Dynatech system worth the extra money over pacesetter lt and a y pipe? Cuz 800 dollars could help out with other things.
**** on that! IMO....the price diffrence is not worth the Dynatechs. Sure they're nice but damn....you could buy a set of Pacesetter and a nice cam!
Old 07-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Teching In

i heard fitting them on is a bitch and i really dont want to hammer on the firewall
Old 07-30-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmayhew
i heard fitting them on is a bitch and i really dont want to hammer on the firewall
you heard wrong
Old 07-31-2007, 07:37 AM
TECH Addict

I agree with Moddo, then install od Pacesetters is pretty straight foreward. They pretty much fall right in place. I had problems because I got a 4X4 and they sent me 2WD headers.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

The metal lines are a little farther away then I thought. I think I am ok. As far as metal vs steel, the steel is helping since it disipates heat acting like a single pass cooler the whole way from the tranny to the radiator up front then back again, rubber wont disipate heat as well.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
**** on that! IMO....the price diffrence is not worth the Dynatechs. Sure they're nice but damn....you could buy a set of Pacesetter and a nice cam!
Get what you pay for............ I think Paces are junk. I had one set and wont buy them again. **** I didnt even install them.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99Silver6.0
Get what you pay for............ I think Paces are junk. I had one set and wont buy them again. **** I didnt even install them.
I personally have no real problem with the Pacesetters. I did have to beat my drivers # 3 primary to clear my frt. driveshaft. But the fitment was good and they do the job that they were designed for. Sure they have some questionable welds and some spatter inside the collector but it won't effect the performance. I don't need headers to be pretty like the Dynatechs. But if I was going to spend $1,000, I sure woulden't blow my whole load on a set of headers. I'd get a cheap set of LT's and a nice cam and a tune.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
I personally have no real problem with the Pacesetters. I did have to beat my drivers # 3 primary to clear my frt. driveshaft. But the fitment was good and they do the job that they were designed for. Sure they have some questionable welds and some spatter inside the collector but it won't effect the performance. I don't need headers to be pretty like the Dynatechs. But if I was going to spend $1,000, I sure woulden't blow my whole load on a set of headers. I'd get a cheap set of LT's and a nice cam and a tune.
I dont think any of that "beating with hammers" qualifies as good fitment. Hate to burst your bubble. I got my Dynas cheap. Plus the fact that I wanted to run cats with my Corsa. Its a complete setup that needs no beating with hammers, smashing, silicone to seal etc etc. I had Paces, been through that before. I didnt want shitty headers. Plus Im not camming this truck. I want a header thats gonna last. Not rust and look like *******.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

I did not have to alter my truck or my headers in any way. (EDIT: pushed tranny cooler lines 1/2" to the side by hand)
They went in easily and I would wager that the performance is NOT noticeably different than dynatechs.
They may even perform better than dynatechs because bare stainless sheds heat quickly.

Anyway, this is about Pacesetter Header Fitment, not who's headers are prettier.
The first sets of PS LTs had some fitment issues, and they are resolved as far as I have heard lately.

Are they the best? no
Do they fit? yes

Last edited by Moddoo; 08-02-2007 at 06:18 AM.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Moddoo
They may even perform better than dynatechs because bare stainless sheds heat quickly.
Find that hard to believe. My underhood temps only changed 11 degrees.

Quick Reply: Pacesetter Header Fitment