Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NNBS headers, y pipe and cam. Before and after Dyno's

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikealicious2k5
I believe the super 40 is the one that drones, and moreso with the afm/dod. I have mine disabled currently with the programmer, so it doesn't drone at all.

I also went with the 1 3/4" instead of the 1 7/8", because everyone I talked to said I wasn't moving enough air to need the 1 7/8". I think for FI/Nitrous applications, the larger may be needed.
I used to have the super 40's on my truck before I installed headers and they droned so bad haha. I recently slapped a Carven-R after my cutout with a turndown and I think it sounds pretty mean right now. Was planning on doing a AFM delete cam swap but didn't have the nuts or time to open up the heads. Good luck with your swap, bet it'll sound mean as hell.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh154
Awesome man! What do those 5.3s put down stock? Are you still running stock Intake?
Thanks dude. I believe they are 315hp at the crank stock. Not sure on tq. I have the K&N intake on the truck.

Originally Posted by gapped-you5.3
I used to have the super 40's on my truck before I installed headers and they droned so bad haha. I recently slapped a Carven-R after my cutout with a turndown and I think it sounds pretty mean right now. Was planning on doing a AFM delete cam swap but didn't have the nuts or time to open up the heads. Good luck with your swap, bet it'll sound mean as hell.
Yea that's why I don't think I have the super 40's. They don't really drone at all. Not sure if that's because the AFM is turned off or not, but no drone here.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mikealicious2k5
Also, could anyone verify which Flowmaster I have? It's a one in, two out. I didn't see any serial numbers on the inlet or outlet. No other insignia/markings on the muffler that I could see besides these. Thanks.

Bump. Anyone have any ideas on which one this is?
Old 03-14-2017, 03:13 PM
Staging Lane

Few more clips with the cutout open. Goofing around at my buddy's work.

That one wheel peel kills me. Now that I finally picked up a daily driver, I think gears and a diff (thinking truetrac) will be going in next month.

Cam and tune appointment is set for two weeks out. Picking the truck up on the 30th. I'll be sure to post vids of the truck and new dyno numbers when that happens.
Old 03-15-2017, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

The cam and tune will make great improvements in power and torque, youll be very happy.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:00 PM
Staging Lane

Whelp. Just dropped the truck off. Three sleepless nights to go until I pick her up on Thursday. I'd love to break 350whp/360tq. We'll see what happens.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

Finally picked the truck up this morning. Must say I'm pretty pleased with the results. Matt over at GPtuning did a great job tuning the truck. Happy with the texas speed cam. Truck feels great at all RPM's. I need to get gears, a stall, and a locker ASAP. These 3.08 gears are not the business.

put down a best of 349hp/337tq today. That's a gain of 47hp with just the cam. Total gains so far are 58hp/33tq with the Texas Speed long tubes, Y-Pipe, and 216/220 112lsa .600" cam.

Old 03-30-2017, 11:15 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

If you can measure the case size and intlets/outlets its easy to figure out which one it is.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Atomic
If you can measure the case size and intlets/outlets its easy to figure out which one it is.
case size of the muffler? I think I'm going to change it out anyways. I've seen a lot of people recommend the straight through style of the corsa and magnaflow. Just not sure which one to go with yet.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:30 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Yea, flowmaster lists them by series but also by case size, so if you know the case size you can basically figure out what it is.
The following users liked this post:
mikealicious2k5 (03-31-2017)

Quick Reply: NNBS headers, y pipe and cam. Before and after Dyno's