Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

nitrous GOD? not me, boom/fire!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 02:11 AM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default nitrous GOD? not me, boom/fire!!!!!!

holly smokes what a night. first thing, i wouldn't recomend spraying out of the hole with a stock stall and no window switch. i sprayed 4 bottles thru this thing that way so fay, probably 30 launches no problem, then boom! got some video of the night but not of the actual boom but did video the damage. got a couple of races in there too.

small >> http://www.neufamily.org/03silverado...10-31small.mpg
large(20meg) >> http://www.neufamily.org/03silverado...10-31large.wmv

first race, new neon srt4 from a 30mph roll, definately not my sweet spot and this was with the 100shot.

2nd race, newer gt with several mods from a roll, kind of suprized i pulled him like i did from a roll.

3rd race, stock 00 silverado z71 ext cab with a 5.3. he was pulling me a little, no nitrous. i might have reeled him in but maybe not.

i was giving a guy a ride to show off my truck, i did a NA launch then went to do a 100shot launch(4wd). nothing diferent than all the other times. BOOM, fire ball shoots out of the front of the truck. i rolled off to the side of the road and could see smoke from under the hood, i could smell my truck burning!! i quickly pulled my stuff out of the truck just in case it went up. gave my sweat shirt to my pasenger and told him to put out the fire when i opend the hood and preceded to open the hook, it was really burning prety good, much have soaked the hood liner with fuel. i got the hood open and he put it out with my sweat shirt. it was scary as hell. . my heart rate is still up i think.

all i had to do was unplug the mass air and it runs fine, drove it home and took the vid. no more nitrous right out of the hole for me. i am also going to get one of those voltage WOT switches and hook it to the TB rather than a micro switch on the pedal, with the drive by wire it may be spraying when the throttle isn't even open yet.
Old 11-01-2003, 02:32 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool vids, those SRT-4's are pretty quick huh? Sorry to hear about the fire though, I can't believe it split the intake tube right open. At least you and the truck are ok!
Old 11-01-2003, 03:22 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAMN!
Old 11-01-2003, 07:44 AM
TECH Regular

Holy smoke!! literally! Good thing it did'nt keep going and total the truck. That must have been better than coffee as a eye opener!
Old 11-01-2003, 07:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Holy ****
that could have been way worse than it looks
Gald everything is ok
The throttle body must have been closed and Gases built up for sure then .....BOOM
Don't get discouraged though I blow **** up every other week it seems
Old 11-01-2003, 08:07 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by parish8
holly smokes what a night. first thing, i wouldn't recomend spraying out of the hole with a stock stall and no window switch. i sprayed 4 bottles thru this thing that way so fay, probably 30 launches no problem, then boom! got some video of the night but not of the actual boom but did video the damage. got a couple of races in there too.

Parish8 how about these for some Parish Race Team Shirts. Hope your truck isn't damaged to badly and your back up and running soon
Old 11-01-2003, 08:11 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are lucky it wasn't a burnt offering to the nitrous GODs. Glat that hasn't happened to me.

Lucky the damage wasn't serious. NX makes a TPS switch (2 actually), that should be what we need. I looked at a local shop yesterday, but they were out of stock. I think it reads anything more than 4 volts as WOT.

What was the quote from that goon you posted up last week, oh yeah: "Nitrous happens"
Old 11-01-2003, 08:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Damn!!!! I'll look at the vids at home.
Old 11-01-2003, 08:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow.....glad you and your truck are ok.
Old 11-01-2003, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Damn... that sounds painful

Hope everything gets up and juice'n agian soon

Im sure it could have been way worse

Quick Reply: nitrous GOD? not me, boom/fire!!!!!!