Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

New LLY and LB7 Track Times!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 12:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LLY and LB7 Track Times!

I got some good runs in today on the LLY. I spent a good deal of time working on the launch (still need more work!) and then I started swapping tunes / boxes.

I am pretty happy with the results:

I started out running 14.0's with the PPE and finished up with a best of 13.92@98.93 MPH. I was doing a pass with the wife in the truck to get her more comfortable with the tree, burnout, etc. and we even left the A/C on by accident. We busted a 13.99 pass to our surprise and got a scolding by the track officials since I had a passenger and no helmets. I did not think we would dip into the 13's but it was a good day!

The VA box ran as expected. The best pass was 13.83@99.20 with a toy from Kennedy's assortment of speed widgets. Very happy with that pass and it is the fastest thing I have run on the LLY yet.

I did not get the chance to run the PPE Hot for the LB7. I was getting it ready to go and they had an engine grenade on the track oiling it down pretty good. It was starting to get late so we just packed up and headed home. I did manage to get a few shakedown passes on nitrous with the new Suncoast Stage V and I am very happy with the result there too. A new personal best of 12.22@113.5 MPH. That was with a 1.93 60' on a peg-legged busted G80 too! A little work on that puppy and I may get quicker yet. Not bad for the rattle can anyway.

Video is on the way but I need to do some editing first.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:22 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

sounds like lots of fun! Congrats on the new best!
Old 04-24-2005, 12:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Sounds like those Suncoasts can really take the abuse. So your running a Predator and a Edge Juice together on the LLY?
Old 04-24-2005, 12:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have several different tunes / modules to run on the LLY. I have not tried stacking the Predator and Juice together, I usually run one or the other. I was testing today stuff from PPE and Van Aaken.

The PPE tune runs pretty strong on the LY.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BMDMAX
I have several different tunes / modules to run on the LLY. I have not tried stacking the Predator and Juice together, I usually run one or the other. I was testing today stuff from PPE and Van Aaken.

The PPE tune runs pretty strong on the LY.

How many tenths did you pick up running the new suncoast tranny with the tunes compared to the stock allison with the tunes?
Old 04-24-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

I don't have a comparison for you there as the competition or big tunes will kill a stock Allison. You have very little room for growth on the stock tranny, only about 65 additional HP before you start damaging the clutches. Every time you limp the tranny it gets worse.

To run the 100 to 180 HP tunes that I am the trans is a must have.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

This thread now with video goodness. Nothing special just a quick video edit of some passes.

www.bmdmax.com/downloads/tnt.wmv
Old 04-24-2005, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BMDMAX
This thread now with video goodness. Nothing special just a quick video edit of some passes.

www.bmdmax.com/downloads/tnt.wmv
Nice vid! Great times! Damn pole!
Congrats on the new best times!
Old 04-24-2005, 12:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey BMdmax, I saw you run a couple of times a SD. Did not realize that was you or I would have said hello. I was in the pewter rcsb running the yellow rcsb. Cablebandit was there in his Incon tt Trans Am. Nice times. That thing hauls a**.
Old 04-24-2005, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice video!! congrats on your new best..

Quick Reply: New LLY and LB7 Track Times!