Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Nelson Tune Installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nelson Tune Installed

I installed my Nelson tune today on my 03' Silverado 4.8 ECSB today and I cant believe I waited this long to get and that I actually bought a Hypertech before this! I got a 93 octane tune and told Allen that I didnt care about gas and wanted an agressive tune. I've only put 5 miles on it hehe because im at work and from what I hear it will get alot better. How long untill some of your tunes peaked and does it matter how I drive it for that period? It installed easily and I had zero pinging at least I didnt hear any and the only thing I need to know is how to reset my oil monitoring system? The shift werent that firm at all byt they were really quick which I like and Ill be getting a transgo ,servo, pinless acc and cooler in the next few weeks so after it retuned shift firmness shouldnt be a problem. It really gets up and goes fast in second gear and it can only get better. Allen is a really cool guy and has helped me with alot of things in the past week or so and hopefully once he gets his turbo installed Im gonna get him to do the install on my truck! Thanks Allen! Any replies are appreciated and Im gonna go drive for a bit!
Old 05-27-2004, 05:26 PM
TECH Addict

Congrats on the tune... man if you've only driven it 5 miles you are in for a sweet suprise
Give it a month or so and the tune will really be kickn.
I dont think it matters how you drive during that time, not like you wont be testing that tune anyways

To reset the oil light turn the key to on and stomp the gas pedel 5 times, should shut it off
Old 05-27-2004, 07:01 PM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

put around 500 miles on her and then let us know. oh yay when the trans go gets in there you will be set.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

With the shift firmness increased in the tune, will you have to have it "re-tuned" after the shift kit?? I didn't think that increased line pressure from the tune and increased line pressure from the shift kit combined were a good thing. Anybody know?
Old 05-27-2004, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -= MacADaYear =-
Congrats on the tune... man if you've only driven it 5 miles you are in for a sweet suprise
Give it a month or so and the tune will really be kickn.
I dont think it matters how you drive during that time, not like you wont be testing that tune anyways

To reset the oil light turn the key to on and stomp the gas pedel 5 times, should shut it off
I'm new to this stuff. Can you tell me all the stuff the tune affects and why it gets better over time?
Old 05-27-2004, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you get a shift kit you have to go back to stock line pressure so yeah Im gonna have to get retuned for that! Right now and remember I have like 30 miles on my new PCM it feels about what the Hypertech was at its best is that normal? Im guessing in the days to come it will really unleash some power!
Old 05-27-2004, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh yeah! I have a friend with the exact same truck as mine and the same mods but he went with the other programmer out there and he felt monster changes right away but it really didnt go much from there as far as gaining noticable power after like a day and at one point now he says he thinks its a little slower than it was! He is still very happy! Why is it some truck it takes 100-200 miles to get the most out of a tune and others its right away? Ive seen amny peopel on forums ask this but Ive never seen a good answer!Whats up????????????????
Old 05-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

I'm not sure, but I'm sure Allen knows.
Old 05-27-2004, 08:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Would the Nelson tune give me any performance gain on my 2003 2500HD? Right now I have a catback and the UPD Intake. I'm looking for some more power out of it. How would the nelson tune help me and where do I get it?
Old 05-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

I'm sure it would knock a half a second off your ET, plus other benefits such as fuel mileage, shifting, etc., etc.

Quick Reply: Nelson Tune Installed