Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need well designed header for truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is the power gain and why is long tube better
Old 09-05-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

The thorleys are long tubes and I got them shipped from Summit for $438. I was very pleased when I opened them up. Seem to be very good quality. I think they are a great price, considering they are long tubes and most shorties I see go for that price and more.

Originally Posted by 2000_Silverado_SS
I'm looking for a new set of headers. Are the Thorleys long tubes? What sold you on the Thorleys?
Old 09-05-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slowprocess
Greentahoe, have you ever posted a vid of your ride with the magnaflows? It seems like I saw a vid that you posted or someone with a tahoe and magnaflows. I ordered mine today, and I really want that vid because it was one of the deciding factors for me.
No, it wasnt me. Maybe Whitt??? I love the way my truck sounds. Im sure you will like them.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

I'm sure I will. I ordered 2 of the 3" 4x9x14 magnaflows, the 2.5" magnaflow x pipe, and 2 summit 3" cutouts today. I really hope it makes the cammed 6.0L sound mean as hell at idle.

Originally Posted by greentahoe
No, it wasnt me. Maybe Whitt??? I love the way my truck sounds. Im sure you will like them.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I did not know that. What size are the tubes? 1 3/4? Seems like if you have longtubes you can run 13's easily. Let me know when it would be a good night to come back down to Greenville. We all ought to head down to Hattiesburg and whoop some tail!
Old 09-05-2004, 09:06 PM
TECH Addict

I'm sure I will. I ordered 2 of the 3" 4x9x14 magnaflows, the 2.5" magnaflow x pipe, and 2 summit 3" cutouts today. I really hope it makes the cammed 6.0L sound mean as hell at idle.
Sweet set up!!!! That is going to be AWESOME!!! Ive always loved the looks of your truck. I wish I wouldve done a cammed 6.0. It wouldve forced me to wait a little longer on my choice of FI and I wouldve gotten a turbo.
Cant wait to hear how you like it.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cam in 6.0??????!!!!!!!!???????????
I guess the tides turned, no way I could even dream of hanging with you. What size cam did you go with?
Old 09-05-2004, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

My motor is shipping Tuesday. I plan on getting everything in the truck by the end of this month, but you know how it goes sometimes. I'll definately be up for going to Greenville or Hattiesburg when my "little" project is done. When the motor gets here, all I'll have left to get is the tune, fans, and tranny. I've already decided on a TeamTripp 4l60. The cam, springs, and headwork is all done and already on the 6.0L.(Big thanks to BigTex). I'm coming up to Memphis to the track as soon as the setup is complete. I'll keep you updated.

I did not know that. What size are the tubes? 1 3/4? Seems like if you have longtubes you can run 13's easily. Let me know when it would be a good night to come back down to Greenville. We all ought to head down to Hattiesburg and whoop some tail!
Old 09-05-2004, 09:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

I went with the TR224 and comp 918 springs.

Cam in 6.0??????!!!!!!!!???????????
I guess the tides turned, no way I could even dream of hanging with you. What size cam did you go with?
Old 09-05-2004, 09:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks man. I'm really excited about how its going to sound. Too bad for me the compression's going to be alittle too high for a turbo or supercharger. Hey, there's always NAAAWWZZZ!

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Sweet set up!!!! That is going to be AWESOME!!! Ive always loved the looks of your truck. I wish I wouldve done a cammed 6.0. It wouldve forced me to wait a little longer on my choice of FI and I wouldve gotten a turbo.
Cant wait to hear how you like it.

Quick Reply: need well designed header for truck