Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

my LQ9 on the stand

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 07:28 PM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default my LQ9 on the stand

this is my LQ9 with a LS6 intake, 97 vette fuel rails, 30#svo injectors, Fbody accesories, 918 springs, GT2-5 cam, LS2 timing chain, Ported 6.0 oil pump, LS6 valley pan. not shown are my Mac Mid lenght headers.

i chose to do the fbucket accesories since i had access to them and it was cheaper for me to do it this way then buying or moding my brackets.

also i have to use fbody plugs for the injectors. so ill have some soldering to do.

if you chose to do the Fbucket accesories you will need to tap a 10x1.5 hole in the block for the one mounting bracket. the spot is there but was never tapped for the accessoires.
Attached Thumbnails my LQ9 on the stand-mar16_001.jpg   my LQ9 on the stand-mar16_002.jpg   my LQ9 on the stand-mar16_003.jpg  

Last edited by Quik; 03-19-2006 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why the 97 corvette fuel rails? Are they a return style system like on the earlier trucks? How expensive/ difficult was it to find the F bod accessories? Is it something you can find on car-part.com? Other than drilling and tapping the hole for the brackets, its a direct swap? Id like to do this since Im going to have the motor on a stand for a while. It doesnt sound like there was much fab work. Did you need different manifold bolts? If so, which ones?? Is the alternator mounted on the bottom? So parts list would be LS6 intake, 97-what year fuel rails??, new regular (car) size injectors, and F body water pump and accessory bracket, what else??
Old 03-19-2006, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

Looks good, Hope you dont hit any deep puddles with where you alternator is mounted...
Old 03-19-2006, 07:44 PM
5 year bitches!

ok the 97/98 vettes had return systems like we do. as for finding it it was on ebay.

as for the accessories, well that was something i just went up on the hill and took off a 98 camaro SS along with the injector plugs.

youre alt will work but doesnt have the one tab for the extra mounting support. Fbody Alt bracket is held in place by 4 mounting points. im currently using 3. the one that isnt tied into the alt has no provision at all in the block for it. but if you use youre alt and just the 2 mounting bolts it should be fine. but since i had access to the other bracket i used it. i also was going to use a 135 amp alt but decided just to use the alt from the camaro

im not sure what the PS bracket/pump and Alt bracket woudl cost you. also you will need the Fbody water pump

im helping a buddy out at his shop and i just took them for exchange in work, along with other parts.

yes direct swap. just some time into mounting it up. you will also need a Fbody crank pulley

as for the intake bolts yes i do believe they are different then the trucks. and like stated i just took mine off the hill. i found my bolts off a 97 vette motor. but any LS1 intake bolts should work.

im also using a LS6 valley pan. its different since it has a tube on the front of it that ties into the venting system of the motor.

for me it was the cheapest way possible to do this but for others it may cost a few dollars more.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:46 PM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by RoninsDenali
Looks good, Hope you dont hit any deep puddles with where you alternator is mounted...
well atleast my truck im sure yours does also have a skid plate on the front of it. and mine is 2wd and dropped. i dont go looking for puddles. also lets think about this. if it works for Fbodys why would it be an issue with a truck? the fbody has less blockage from water then a truck does
Old 03-19-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

Good point, although i dont have much of a skid-plate it pretty much only protects the crank pulley.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mac makes a mid for trucks??
Old 03-19-2006, 08:33 PM
5 year bitches!

Originally Posted by 99Silver6.0
Mac makes a mid for trucks??
they make them for Fbodys and seem to fit with the trucks
Old 03-19-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

you didn't mention rod bolts.... with all that work I assume you are doing them, if not seriously consider it
Old 03-19-2006, 09:20 PM
5 year bitches!

i didnt touch the bottom end. i pulled it out of the mangled SS and just replaced/repaired and upgraded what i needed. bottomend still has 40k on it

Quick Reply: my LQ9 on the stand