Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Made a mistake with MAF numbers

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The AFR numbers from the PCM are not accurate. They are the commanded numbers and really don't mean anything from a tuning standpoint.

KNOCK RETARD

There is definately a difference going from low 20's to 28 degrees of timing.

BTW, I think EFILive is going to announce this week or very soon the ability to log two serial ports at once. That way you can log your wideband data directly into a EFILive log.
Old 01-11-2004, 03:27 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I set the recovery rate to 80% and did lower the knock gain. I would expect it to go away faster than it does. Time for more investigation.

Yes, I like EFI live. Haven't tried the ver6 yet, but have it downloaded and have the upgrade codes.
Old 01-11-2004, 03:35 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigTex
Well, I set the recovery rate to 80% and did lower the knock gain. I would expect it to go away faster than it does. Time for more investigation.

Yes, I like EFI live. Haven't tried the ver6 yet, but have it downloaded and have the upgrade codes.
I just got my version 6 upgrade codes and think I'll take it for a test spin tomorrow.

Version 6.3 should be out soon and have the wideband logging feature. Actually anything with a serial data output should be able to be logged.
Old 01-11-2004, 04:33 PM
10 Second Truck Club

BigTex- what rpm and gear was the 45lb/min maf reading at? I can't figure it out from the graph. I looked over one of my atap logs and my maf @ 5950 was 42lbs/min and fell off to 39lbs/min at 6300 rpm. Just curious to see how our cams compare as to where they peak based on the difference in the LSA & INT CL. One other thing, my maf vs. rpm's were higher in 2nd gear vs. first gear and looked like they were gonna be higher in 3rd gear. Didn't run it far enough in 3rd to be sure.
Old 01-11-2004, 05:20 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

That shot shows a 0-80ish run. Basically complete 1st and second gear run. The veritcal white line is the point that matches up with the numbers along side the chart. If I had moved the while line left or right, the outside numbers would reflect the point where the line stopped. So that line is 2nd gear, 5750 rpms, 23*s timing, etc.. If you look left or right, you can kinda tell what happened before and after that point.

To answer your question, my MAF dipped in the 43s, then back over 44 by 6000 rpms. I had it shifting at 6300, but think it was past my power range, so I pulled it back down a little.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:01 PM
10 Second Truck Club

Thanks, it makes since now knowing what the white line has to do with it. Looks like in low gear you peaked the maf as high as you did in 2nd. Also your KR seems to come on in the mid range. On mine I just add timing in the proper cell based on maf vs. rpm. I don't add any across the board.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

Tex.. I hate to state the obvious, but do you think it could be real knock you are seeing. You O2s and Lterms seem to point to a lean condition...
Old 01-12-2004, 03:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bigtex, what exactly are the recovery rates??

I think Ive got an idea but id like to be certain.

Also what does the MAF max out at? My truck is showing 59.9 lb/min. That isnt maxed out is it? I was wondering if it is because it holds that number for like 700 RPMs. If it is maxed out, what do I have to do to go around it. Sorry for asking the question your thread.

Being able to log a wideband into EFIlive will be great. That was something I was really hoping for. Now I just need to buy a wideband. . .
Old 01-12-2004, 05:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think 59.9lb/min or 454 gm/s, could be the max. I have hit the same figure and seen the same things you have. I didn't think that was the case until I see you are hitting the same plateau.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:26 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

You guys need to look at some threads in the forced induction forum. I'm pretty sure you can moft the MAF frequency up a little. Be on the look out for threads by Y2khawk. Also, parish8 may have the answer.

Recovery rates are set in LS1 edit regarding knock retard. Its how fast the timing comes back after knock retard pulled it down.

I am lean. I do know that I need more injector.But I usually do run out until 5000+, so the KR I see in the lower RPMS shouldn't be because of fuel. I need to get my wideband out and do some testing.

Quick Reply: Made a mistake with MAF numbers