Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT headers and Corsa

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LT headers and Corsa

I have a 13 Sierra Denali with the 6.2 and a corsa cat back. It's my daily driven truck and I would like to keep the noise down, but want to put long tubes on without being overly loud. I do plan on cats to help keep the noise down. I had an 02 with LT's, cat's and a magnaflo muffler on it and it was waaaaayyyy to loud. I like the deep sound, but don't want the drone or break ear drums.

I'm also needing a little advice on selection. I'm looking at ARH's and TSP's. I know the biggest difference is price, but I'm looking for other differences such as......Does either one flow better than the other? Also, is either one tuned or equal length? I'm looking for ones that will increase the power across the power band and not only top of the rpm range. Thanks in advance.

Ben
Old 11-30-2017, 09:44 PM
Teching In

I have Kooks headers on my 2015 5.3. You can't go wrong with Kooks, ARH or Stainless Works headers. I can't speak for any others just from what I've been reading and they all seem nice tbh. I don't believe any are equal length or tuned more than the other. I say to go with 1-7/8" on the 6.2L.

I also have the high flow green cats from Kooks and they won't quiet it down much if at all and with the Corsa you won't really have any drone but can definitely wake the dead with headers. I have tried many mufflers and Corsa was one of the loudest with the least drone of them all.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

Buy a good resonator to remove the rasp/drone from the long tube install. Having cats does help but you are still working with high flow cats and removing the 3rd cat that acts as a resonator.

If all the headers are the same style long tubes, same diameter and so on the power is going to pretty much be exactly the same. If someone bought speed engineering headers for $400 and the other guy spent $1,700 on some ARH's, the guy that spent more money isn't going to get any real extra power from it.

Headers should increase power across the rpm range but it's mostly going to felt all up top. They shift the power band, not much you can do about that. If you have a tuner that is knowledgeable with VVT like your 6.2 has, they can try to use the VVT to gain you back some low end power.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Mufflers

I have a pair of Walker Turbo mufflers on my 6.2 trk.
LT headers, true 2 1/2 duals with an X pipe, no rear cats.
it has a nice sound and no drone. I drive on the tpk at 70-85 and
can listen to the radio without cranking it up. I have a 2hr
drive to visit my family and enjoy the quietness.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the exact same setup as you w the 3.5 in Corsa/Kooks 1 7/8" headers. Im gonna tell ya its a night and day difference from stock mani/y pipe to long tubes especially when cold. Most of your loudness will come w upper rpms/ between shifts which is where you will get the most rasp also. Me personally I dont mind any of it and neither do my neighbors, we all own drag cars on the street!
Old 12-01-2017, 09:53 PM
On The Tree

Mines not the 3.5" system. It's the new replacement system they have where it's a 3". It sounds just about stock except when it's first started up cold and then tones down after a few moments of warm-up.

sounds like putting a resonator or something to tone it down should get me where i would like to be.

thanks.