Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

LS2 truck intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 10:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for coming over.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2005SSR6Speed
Sorry it took so long to reply to this thread. I was watching where it was going before I jumped in. I know of a few that have the take off intake from the LS2 SSR as I am selling the MagnaChargers to them. I can see if any of them want to sell their old setup for a similar price as I sold mine. Below is the e-bay listing of my intake. The intake would look great if you shaved the outside of it of all the brackets and painted it. The upper plenum is huge as compared to the LS1/6 Intake and it didn't neck down inside.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=8009371777
Is it a return style fuel rail setup or dead head?
Old 12-24-2005, 05:39 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The fuel rails would switch over wouldnt they? Would you have to tap the intake for the regulator? I imagine it is dead head since all the newer stuff has the regulator in the tank and is returnless. Would tapping the intake even be an option? I dont have a clue how to even go about doing it. I am very intrigued by this now that I know it stays the same inside and also I have the cable tb so I can get me a ncie tb and it would be a nice addition to my 418 build.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
The fuel rails would switch over wouldnt they? Would you have to tap the intake for the regulator? I imagine it is dead head since all the newer stuff has the regulator in the tank and is returnless. Would tapping the intake even be an option? I dont have a clue how to even go about doing it. I am very intrigued by this now that I know it stays the same inside and also I have the cable tb so I can get me a ncie tb and it would be a nice addition to my 418 build.
I'm wondering if the fuel rails swap directly too. I'd like to keep the 32# injectors though. If it doesn't work, you could always swap over to the 04 and up returnless system.

I don't know what you mean about the regulator, I never paid that much attention to what was going on there becasue I never considered an intake swap until now. Does it just mount to the intake? You could proabably fab up a bracket and bolt or screw it to one of the plastic ribs.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:33 AM

The regulator uses vaccum off the intake to adjust fp is the way i understand it. It is mounted on the drivers side fuel rail and has a little tube that goes into the intake. I am interested in getting that intake from that guy but I ahve no need for the injectors as I already ahve 42#ers. I wouldnt want to deal with the headaches of going to returnless since the tank will ahve ot be dropped or pull the bed I ahve already done that once and dont feel like doing it agian Im lazy.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:09 AM
TECH Addict

The regulator uses vaccum off the intake to adjust fp is the way i understand it. It is mounted on the drivers side fuel rail and has a little tube that goes into the intake.
In that case, I don't see it being too bad to drill a hole and epoxy a vacuum connection onto it. You could cut the barb off your existing intake and put it in the new one in a similar location.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:14 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the LS2 intake have the plugs in it like our intake does? My intake had an extra port that was capped off...I popped the cap off it and ran my vacuum guage to it. If the LS2 has the provisions, the little plugs could probably be obtained from the dealer.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:20 AM

I sent him a pm so hopefulyl we can work something out. What was that good brand of 90mm tb? It wasnt FAST? It will be a few months before I can isntall the intake since money is getting really tight since Im going back to school
Old 12-24-2005, 09:58 AM
FormerVendor

The fuel rail is the return-less style. If I remember right there are several different reference points for manifold vacuum on the intake so that shouldn't be a problem.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

I sent him a pm so hopefulyl we can work something out. What was that good brand of 90mm tb? It wasnt FAST? It will be a few months before I can isntall the intake since money is getting really tight since Im going back to school
Nick Williams or TPIS. The FAST ones have issues.

Quick Reply: LS2 truck intake