Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for advice!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for advice!

Hello all, been a long time stalker of the forums. I actually made my account to get in touch with some members on here that were selling stuff, been reading all the articles and things for over a year before that point.

I have a 2004 Silverado CCSB, just got the title a week ago. It’s the 5.3, sitting at 78xxx. This is my daily driver, but I do have access to an extra vehicle for when I get all the parts ready. So far I have the following mods: LT’s w\ offroad Y-pipe (calspeed, didn’t fit perfectly, will be buying pacesetter soon Airraid MIT, TruCool 40k transmission cooler, 3” Raceready cutout, vette servo, DJM rear swaybar, and BBP tune for 93 octane. I’m sitting on the stock 3.73 gears.

This is what I would like, just need all your opinions before I begin to collect parts. Please keep in mind that I haven’t spoken to any vendors yet. I will be reverting my tune to 87 octane once I get all these installed.

220\224 high lift-110 LSA cam. I’d like something larger than the traditional 212/218 cam, just for that extra “grunt.” Low LSA for the loping, and moving the powerband lower. I’m looking for driveability, with a degree more toward power.

3200 Stall, not sure which company, but I’d like the tightest out there. Input would be greatly appreciated.

4.10 gears. I live and work in the same town, so gas isn’t too much of an issue for me. Would this be a good blend with the cam and stall?

Lastly, I would like a supercharger to make it all come together. Figure 8-10 lbs of boost tops. Not really wanting a turbo, I just feel like a supercharger would be a nice drop in to top it off. Ease of install is top priority on this one. I have no clue here.

The final setup I’m going for is a Silverado that is a pleasure to drive, while being able to lay the hammer down when needed. Most important to me is that all these parts work in harmony, and that once installed, it’ll never have to be taken apart due to something breaking.

I don’t drive pedal to the metal while on the road, I take it to Northstar for that. I’ve only run it twice there in the 2 years I’ve owned it.

I appreciate everyone taking a look at this, and look forward to your advice. I will be purchasing all these parts slowly, and have it all installed at the same time sometime this year .

Thank you.

Last edited by Da-Rebel; 04-29-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 218/224 cam on a 110 LSA in my truck with a 3000 Vigilante and 4.10's. It works together wonderfully. The only thing I could see with what you want it the tight LSA and the blower, it will let lots of boost and cylinder pressure out at low speeds, I'd go with at least a 114 LSA if in a blower motor.