Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Long tubes came today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long tubes came today!!!

After a month wait, i finally got my longtubes and ory-pipe. I am so excited, it is like christmas for me today. I will be installing them Sat night. Oh yea, should i use these copper gaskets they sent me, or reuse the stock? Also, will i have to extend the O2 wires?
Old 07-13-2006, 06:09 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

reuse stock O2s will be fine
Old 07-14-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

use your stock gaskets, they work fine and last over 100,000 miles
Old 07-14-2006, 12:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lucky you, cant wait to get me some
Old 07-14-2006, 06:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

You mean Pacesetter is now sending copper gaskets? Boy, I was cheated.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

When you put your o2 sensors back in do you use the rear ones or the front ones...or does it not even matter???
Old 07-14-2006, 08:04 AM
On The Tree

if i remember correctly, there is a difference between the front o2 sensors and the rear ones, dont quote me on this, i hope someone else jumps on that one for you, but i think the two are different due to the levels of heat they must endure. like i said, i couldnt be stupid on that, good question though!!

and also, when i got my pacesetters installed, i ran up to the dealer ship really quick and picked up a new set of factory gaskets, they arent expensive, and to me, doing it right is always worth an extra few bucks! I never cut corners with my truck, nor use the cheapy gaskets that are sent with parts, companys tend to cut quality on gaskets.

but congrats. IMO the PACESETTER LT's are a great set of headers, they sound awsome, look great, and have gotten alot of rave reviews, they have mine as well! Im extremely happy with their product, post a sound clip, i wanna hear it when u get them installed!

-jared
Old 07-14-2006, 08:10 AM
On The Tree

ok its coming back to me now! i did have a issue when i installed the LT's, cutouts, cats, and aerochambers, i fired her up, drove her home from the shop, she sounded great, got to my house, picked up the wife, and i was going to take her for a spin, and all the sudden, i put my truck in gear, and she died. I cranked her back up, and she was idling HARD, truck was literally shaking. I almost freaked out! Then i got a code thrown, read it, and it was a multiple missfire! I checked the sparkplugs, wires, switched the wires for my backups i got, and it got SLIGHTLY better, and then, she just idled through it, and started running smoother, and then got alot better, drove to san antonio, got nelson to tune her, and shes been nothing but great since

so, u might need to have ur tune re adjusted for the LT's, from what ive heard, i would HIGHLY recommend it

- jared
Old 07-14-2006, 08:18 AM
TECH Junkie

My Dynatech LT's came a long time ago. There still aging in their box.

Jim
Old 07-14-2006, 08:29 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joehawkz71
When you put your o2 sensors back in do you use the rear ones or the front ones...or does it not even matter???
They are all the same part #.

Quick Reply: Long tubes came today!!!