Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Which lightweight pulley kit?

Old 07-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which lightweight pulley kit?

I want to get all new lightweight pulleys along with a new belt. Anyone have any suggestions on which is best?
Old 07-05-2018, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 545 Likes on 471 Posts

It's not worth it.

Spend lots of money to get maybe 1hp?
Old 07-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FFDP
It's not worth it.

Spend lots of money to get maybe 1hp?
worth it to me. And I’ve seen people get 5-10 hp. I’ve done every bolt on except this.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

If you say so.

Good pulley bearings mean more than the pulley weight if you ask me.

Never seen anyone even want to change stuff that just works fine the way it is.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Never seen anyone even want to change stuff that just works fine the way it is.
sure. So your truck is 100% stock? You’ve never seen anyone modify their cars or trucks? Because they work fine the way they are. You don’t understand the reasoning as to why people modify their cars? Why are you on performance trucks? This isn’t stocktrucks.net.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

We are talking a simple idler's and tensioner pulleys here brah. How do you even think that is going to gain you any power?

I doubt you're going to go out and purchase a $375-500 light weight damper pulley to try and squeeze out power you can't even feel in the butt dyno.

I'm not trying to argue with you about the other crap you talked about. No my trucks not stock, I know what this forum and the reasons for modding vehicles are. I've been around the block more times than you have. I'm sure I could talk about stuff that would send you right into left field and you'd be left with a stupid look on your face because you can't comprehend what I'm saying.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bolt ons.... thats why your truck is making serious power now and your all about performance in need of a 265/75/r16 sized tire to get all that power to the ground.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:00 PM
Formerly Phaze 2/1/16

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CCrowell2
Bolt ons.... thats why your truck is making serious power now and your all about performance in need of a 265/75/r16 sized tire to get all that power to the ground.

Was gonna say, isn't this the guy looking for max performance stock sized tires?
Old 07-05-2018, 11:05 PM
Teching In

We are talking a simple idler's and tensioner pulleys here brah. How do you even think that is going to gain you any power?

I doubt you're going to go out and purchase a $375-500 light weight damper pulley to try and squeeze out power you can't even feel in the butt dyno.

I'm not trying to argue with you about the other crap you talked about. No my trucks not stock, I know what this forum and the reasons for modding vehicles are. I've been around the block more times than you have. I'm sure I could talk about stuff that would send you right into left field and you'd be left with a stupid look on your face because you can't comprehend what I'm saying.
Well then you should’ve chose your words better because what you said doesn’t correlate at all to what you’re saying now.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CCrowell2
daily driver so I’m not gonna put drag radials on my stock 16s. And I’m not going up a wheel size because that would cause a noticeable decrease in straight line performance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which lightweight pulley kit?