Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LC9 project ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2021, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LC9 project ideas

I bought a 2012 LTZ crew cab Silverado with about 220k miles in June. The truck had a lifter tick and I planned on swapping the engine, owner obviously knew about about the issue and disclosed the info so I bought it at a very low price. Shortly after I bought the truck it developed a valve cover leak so I hastened my search for a replacement engine.
Found an engine from that came out a totaled truck and swapped it out. The company I bought it from said they ran the engine and that it was fine, however after putting it in it has the same tick. It came with a 1 year warranty so I'm not too concerned about getting totally screwed over besides the time and effort I put into swapping the engine.
Anyway, I need to put something in the truck and don't have the money for a crate engine so I'd like to just delete the afm on the original engine and do at least a partial rebuild to clean it up. Besides the mechanical afm delete and a performance camshaft to go with it, are there any parts that I should upgrade while the engine is out easy to work on?