Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just heard a corsa side swept in person for the first time (sport series)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 04:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just heard a corsa side swept in person for the first time (sport series)

And it sounded AWEFUL!!! I just was out exhaust shopping and happened to mention I may be interested in a Corsa system if the price was right. The guy said we just finished a new avalanche for a chev dealership in town and installed the sport system on it. He then asked if I wanted to hear it and I was most excited. The truck had a 5.3 and no mods of course <new> and right from the second it fired up it had a gawd aweful tinny rasp to it similar to a flowmaster muffler. I immediatly was turned off. I think this system would sound better if in a dual setup along with quieter muffler. Too bad they didn't have one. Has anyone else heard this system in person with the side swept exhaust and sport muffler? What'd you think? I was considering the dual setup with a touring muffler but if it sounds or resembles anything like the sport I don't think I'd go for it. They had another truck there they just did with 2 1/2 pipes and a Force muffler. That sounded MUCH better than the Corsa.

My 2 pennies.

Joe
Old 02-17-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default I Have The Single side Touring.

I have to agree with you on the sport edition. Real raspy. I heard a dual rear exit sport on a brand new ECSB 5.3 at a dealer. When it fired up I was behind it. Just like you I was turned off. Especially when he reved it up. It was raspy and popped. I can understand a little popping due to it being a straight through design.
Well after calling Corsa and getting the word on the Touring I dove in on a single side exit unit. I love it. Totally not raspy. Whe you rev it it will pop a tad when you let off but who does that anyway.
When I start it up the high idle sound is nice. A little deeper and louder than stock. I think it is too quiet at idle but when you romp it it is deep and kind of loud. Silent at cruise.
You really should get thet shop to call you when they install one or find a dealer with one on the lot.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:14 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy has the dual Corsa Sport Exh system on his 04 GMC Sierra with the 5.3 and it sounds awesome. The single Touring on his dads avalanche also sounds great.
I think if you heard the dual sport system you would be pleasantly surprised. Definately doesnt sound like any flowmasters I've ever heard.

Keep listening and looking, everyones preference differs. Good Luck
Old 02-17-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

i think the corsa makes it sound like a camaro ss, like a car
Old 02-17-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, it had an odd tinny burble to it like a car...... I would definatly not get any side swept system after hearing that. Only duals out the back..

Joe
Old 02-17-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Regular

I have the Corsa sport on my 6.0...it is not raspy at all, but maybe that is because of the engine size.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:01 PM
14 Second Truck Club

I have the sport side exit w. pro 4" tips. I love it.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Regular

Ditto.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:08 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I have that same system and love it. I wouldn't have got anything else.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

I like the raspy note the Corsa has, but some people want a tone that is only deep and rumbles. Just depends on what you want to hear.

Quick Reply: Just heard a corsa side swept in person for the first time (sport series)