Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

I'm the ginnea pig, order a Pro Cold intake.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2003, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm the ginnea pig, order a Pro Cold intake.

The CAFCNA (Ave forum) price was $259.95, which is steep but if it works as described, I don't care. I've had a K&N FIPK, home brew with ram-air and a UPD so I'll be able to give my impressions of it compared to other intakes.
Jim
Old 12-15-2003, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

Do they have a website?
Old 12-15-2003, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Y2K Silverado
The CAFCNA (Ave forum) price was $259.95, which is steep but if it works as described, I don't care. I've had a K&N FIPK, home brew with ram-air and a UPD so I'll be able to give my impressions of it compared to other intakes.
Jim

thanks man
Old 12-15-2003, 02:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if there is somekind of money back warrantee if you are not sitsfied with the results?
Thanks man. If I remember corectly, you have access to a dyno...lol.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Have you seen this installed or know where some pics are for our trucks?
Lar
Old 12-15-2003, 02:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Only thing that i'm curious about is someone mentioned something about a venturi, where all it looks like is a 4" mandel bent elbow through a plate with a slipjoint flange on one end for the maf connection and a K&N on the other.
Old 12-15-2003, 08:46 PM

Leochevy2001: Here's their website address, www.procold.net

Tiburon: Don't know about a guarantee but I won't hesitate to complain to them if I feel like I got ripped off. I've gotten money back before when companies say "no refunds".

ArcticGMC: I've seen pics of it installed on an Avalanche but not a
Silverado or Sierra. I would assume the engine compartment on an Avalanche is similar!?

Guys, if you haven't read the other post in here about the Pro Cold, do so. There's a link to a post on the Avalanche forum where I first saw the Pro Cold. There were alot of questions answered about the intake in that post, some where from the Pro Cold staff them selves and theres a few pics of the intake installed. I should get in a few days, I'll post what I think.
Jim
Old 12-15-2003, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Y2K Silverado
I would assume the engine compartment on an Avalanche is similar!?
They are ...as well as the burb's and Yukons.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:07 PM
Banned

congrats on the purchase, i hope you get the performance you're hoping for. it would be awesome if you could get some kind of before/after numbers with it but i know that's not the easiest thing to do.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Slowverado
congrats on the purchase, i hope you get the performance you're hoping for. it would be awesome if you could get some kind of before/after numbers with it but i know that's not the easiest thing to do.
Well, I don't have access to a dyno yet, as soon as my mechanic gets his new one up and running I will. I have been doing 0-40 & 0-60 runs with the old stop watch though (no G-tech) to see how much it helps there. With the stock intake my average is about 0-40 in 3.00 seconds and 0-60 in that same run in about 6.15 seconds. Some runs have been quicker, some slower, that's they 5 run average so far. It's been hard to do them lately, raining for a while. One thing I did notice taking off the UPD is that the 0-40 times are very close but the 0-60 drops off about .15-.2 seconds. The truck doesn't pull as hard in the upper rpm's but low end torque is actually a little better with the stock intake. I'll see how the Pro Cold does.
Jim

Quick Reply: I'm the ginnea pig, order a Pro Cold intake.