Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i know this is silly but who knows about tractor pulls?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tractor pulls....reminds me of the mud bog stuff we used to do in Michigan growing up. All kinds of stuff would break. Then people would let those who broke stuff sink in the mud for a while before pulling them out. Kind of sadistic.

Yo ****, I went to Milford High....where do you live? PM me.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:52 PM
single digit dreamer

i am thinking 4 stock firejunks, some weight and 800ft/lbs. see what happens.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
i am thinking 4 stock firejunks, some weight and 800ft/lbs. see what happens.
4 holes in the ground

http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/s...mer_Bogger.htm

4 super swamper boggers, the biggest and widest you can fit, cut out the smaller lugs, 1st gear, easy off the line, you have to jerk it but not ***** out, you'll just dig holes, have to get the sled moving, then slide into it as you start moving, hold at red line and rip till ya stop moving.

tell your sponsor to fork out for the tires if they want ya to try

make sure you post vid
Old 04-24-2005, 10:31 PM
single digit dreamer

ok, no pulling for me. i just talked to chuck the tranny builder and he said the heat would be a bad thing. he didn't set me up with a pulling converter. if he says no then i am out. the tranny is working soo well for what it was built for i dont want to blow it up doing something silly.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

What about mud drags? see these all the time at the county fairs here... talk about beating the $hit out of your equipment though.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Ya gotta love a truck!!! Does it all baby p.s If ya do it . You must get a vid!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by F8L Z71
8100hammer will be here any second now. I can feel it. LOL

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! We all remember that thread!
Old 04-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Tribe Shaman

it is not so much as putting 1000 lbs in the back, it needs to be distributed from the front to the back, your bumper should have slots on both sides to hold the weights in the front, this will help in steering your truck as trying to keep it down as the front wants to come up and down.

in the bed slots need to be made to hold more weights as the condition of the track changes with each pull done on it, the weights need to be shifted so both tires dig in the same, as dirt is loosened by pulls before you one tire will dig in better then the other.

your drive shaft, and rear end, will have to be upgraded to very heavy duty, as you move forward the weight on the trailer your pulling moves from the back to the front, even though your hooked by a chain as the weight moves up more and more tension is put on the trucks bumper and frame, pulling the rear end of the truck down, it is at this point the front end wants to go in to the air from the power your putting out. I think for your class of half ton truck the max is 20,000 lbs of weight on the trailer for a pull of 100 yards, for the 3/4 and the 1 tons I think it is a max weight is 45,000 lbs, and for the bad *** tractors I think the max is 150,000 lbs, it is fun to watch, I have seen allot of front ends collapse from the height the truck jumps up too while pulling, drive shafts twisted up, rear spindles twist up and snap from the toque. pumpkins explode, and so on, it's not street racing.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

I am happy to hear you are not doing it Parish. Like you said above your truck was not built for that type of thing.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

If you ever change your mind I believe your truck could pull pretty well... make the rear end soldid (Can be done with 2x4's ontop of the axle so u can take them out later) air down keep weight forward make your hitch as high as possible ease into the trottle till about half for the first 100ft or so then hold in on the ground in first gear (with your power you may able to hit second) Wheel speed is good hooping is bad. I have done sled pulls 3 times (2 pulls each time) with my '84 I liked it but I needed more traction.

Quick Reply: i know this is silly but who knows about tractor pulls?