Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me spend some money!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me spend some money!

I will be going to bootcamp in early spring, and I will make some money between that and my MOS training and will have a little bit of it to throw around....

So, what to do with it?
I'll have about 2300 dollars that I'll be willing to spend on it.
I can tell you that I will go with for sure:
wheels and tires that hook (I'm thinking about 1000 -- just doing some inexpensive 17s or 18s)

Eaton Posi - 450?

Nitrous System for about a 75-100 shot. - 500?

That brings me to about $1950. What should I do for performance with the other 350 laying around performance wise? Any other ideas on what I should go with other than what I mentioned?

With a 100 shot, positrac, decent hooking tires, and what I already have, can I hit maybe even low 12s?
Old 11-20-2004, 05:56 PM
TECH Addict

If it were me, Id check out those 18' that are in the classified section. I think smokinrice is selling them. Other than that Id pick up a 6.0 From there lower it a bit maybe a 2/4 and that thing would be sweet.
Oh, youve already got a 2/4. Man youre set!!
My brother came out of boot camp with quite a bit of cash, but he was promoted while in. I want to say it was like 8K. I could be wrong though.
Old 11-20-2004, 05:58 PM
Truck addict

i didn't see a ASP pulley in your sig, might have overlooked it but i would think about that. i really enjoyed mine when i put it on. still enjoy it to this day. if you dont' have it, you might want to get some new plugs and wires. just some more stuff to add to your sig list.

good luck in boot, remember, there are plenty of us that have gone before you! we all survived. oh yea, keep your mouth shout and don't let them know your name. you'll find out when you get there!
Old 11-20-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, when I was putting my crank pulley back on I did some damage to the threads. It is tight, and I am happy. I don't want to mess with it anymore because I think those crank threads are toast, and I don't know how they'ld be rethreaded other than taking it all apart and taking the crank to get it worked on.

What about E-fans? Any real gain from that?
Old 11-20-2004, 09:35 PM
Truck addict

as far as efans go, you won't notice much gain except when your clutch fan would normally kick on. but still worth doing. i did the fans and pulley around the same time so i can't argue how much it gave me.
Old 11-20-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Junkie

I agree with greentahoe do a 6.0 there sweet man and you'll love it. After that wait a while and save more and do a radix or sts turbo. That would be sweet!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2004, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't want to do a 6L swap...

I mean.... I have about 2300 bucks that I will be willing to waste.

I want wheels and tires for sure, so that's 1000. Lets just pretend I used the remaining 1300 for a 6L (like I could actually find a good 1 @ that price), I'ld still have no traction with the 1 Tire fire.

I do appreciate that advice, I just can't go that route.... and I don't want to get too deep into the truck anymore, b/c I want to save a little for a c3 or c4 vette. Now I just want to kinda round off the truck a little more and hit 12s (my original hopes).
Old 11-20-2004, 11:43 PM
TECH Addict

Maybe a cam. Lingenfelter has some cams packages on sale right now, I believe.

http://www.lingenfelter.com/lingenfe...4&dept%5Fid=24

About 50 more than you plan to have, but you might run into some deals along the way.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm actually pretty happy with that 01 LS6 cam that I have. It works pretty well with that 3000 stall.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greentahoe
I want to say it was like 8K.
WTF, after my BCT, AIT and airborne school I had only managed to save like 2000,

Lol and yeah, keep yo mouth shut, dont DO ANYTHING unless told to...for example, they give u a piece of paper and a pencil, on the paper theres a place for ur name n ****, WHATEVER you do, dont start filling it out untill your told to....we got smoked for that our first night lol.

Quick Reply: Help me spend some money!