Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

header q

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
pacesetters are garbanzo. I'd go with the LPP's over them, but you get what you pay for, anyone with experience with header systems will tell you this
+1 on the LPPs. and i think they are around 500 with the Y also..
Old 05-31-2009, 07:50 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ForcedTQ
You still have two options in my opinion if you are looking to go with the 05 y-pipe and stay CARB legal on your header selection. That would be the Thorley Tri-Y model #DTE 310Y to which you can add a C for ceramic coating, and a DA if your truck has Dual Air Injection into the manifolds. You could also run Doug's headers model #3353, with different suffixes to denote coatings and AIR ports. Hope this helps.
i checked both of those out, because i had not seen them before. the thorleys are legal on 99-01 models only, i dont know why but thats what their website says and the dougs 3353's are legal on 99-01 only. after that they go to a shorty style header p/n 3373

i do like the thorleys and how they keep the factory cats... just wish they would fly on an 06 for smog...

and i was wanting lpp's but they are out of stock at lpp's website and speed engineering, and there are none on the ebay store either. so unless someone knows another store that sells them i guess im stuck with pacestters. why are pacesetters so bad anyway?

Last edited by 006rcsb; 05-31-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

what do you guys think about the thorley tri y's im considering them and was wanting opinions. alot of guys on gmfs like them but theres not much talk of them on here. i also like how they reuse the factory y pipe, cut it in front of the cats and weld their flanges on.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

ok so im finally done with the bassani's the guy i was working with seemed pretty on it, but when it came time to call me back, or get an email with the shipping info for ups to return them, things got really slow, 7 days to get the return info. so i finally got the email from ups went down, and shipped them out and would be on my way to having my money back. because they are in Anaheim it would have been tomorrow but for some reason they are closed on friday which i might add has made most of this experience a royal pita and seeing as i have fridays off, which is my day to get crap done and the business i need to deal with is closed.

-end rant

anyway that leaves me with being one step closer to getting something else.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:09 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Thorley's look really nice, I like the tri-y design if you're looking for low to midrange torque
Old 06-04-2009, 11:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the Thorely's on my truck and I shift at 6600 rpm. Had for about 4 years no with no problems. Mine are just the nickel coated but I did wrap them with DEI wrap. No complaints and they bolt up fine to my hollowed out cats [needed for VA inspection]. Plenty of clearence too.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jlwz71
I have the Thorely's on my truck and I shift at 6600 rpm. Had for about 4 years no with no problems. Mine are just the nickel coated but I did wrap them with DEI wrap. No complaints and they bolt up fine to my hollowed out cats [needed for VA inspection]. Plenty of clearence too.
yep it sucks......VA inspection + cats that is.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:22 AM
TECH Resident

yeah the thorleys are what im going with, they are cheaper than bassani's, they probably will have better gains, still use stock y + cats, carb number right on the header. everything i was looking for, if i had known about them before i would have not even bothered with bassani. and the lower mid torque gain is what im goin for, its a dd, it will probably never see a track.

thanks goes to forcedtq for pointing out the thorleys
Old 06-05-2009, 11:16 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 006rcsb
yeah the thorleys are what im going with, they are cheaper than bassani's, they probably will have better gains, still use stock y + cats, carb number right on the header. everything i was looking for, if i had known about them before i would have not even bothered with bassani. and the lower mid torque gain is what im goin for, its a dd, it will probably never see a track.

thanks goes to forcedtq for pointing out the thorleys
Sounds like it's a good thing that the Bassani's didn't fit
Old 06-05-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Good deal Anthony glad to hear...When do you plan on ordering a set?? If you need some help let me know..

Quick Reply: header q