Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header inpressions of LPP headers=XS Power=made in China

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I was gambling with fitment when purchasing my LPPs. After reading a few threads, I knew I needed different bolts, 4 band clamps and possibly o2 extentions. After all was said and done, I spent around $520 total for all parts (headers, ory, clamps and bolt) and install. FOR ME, fitment was perfect, no extentions needed for o2 sensers, no denting needed. I am totally satisfied with my purchase would not spend 2X the price for the same performance. oh yeah, I'm cheap
Old 09-09-2009, 10:50 AM
Truck Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A great all American made option is American Racing Headers. So please check us out!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My OBX got surface rust and they are magnetic. That polish seemed to just flake off. The intermediates held up well and are not magnetic.

The American made SLP exhaust went on at the same time and looks virtually new, except for the cheap flanges and hangers. ARH will be my next set.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My LPP headers fit great, they did hit the steering shaft when I had my body lift, but once I took that off the shaft doesnt hit at all, lots of rooms between the headers and floor boards, there not rusting at all, yeah I wish they came with band clamps but no big deal. Yeah I would perfer to have a good north american made header but for my budget at the time they were a good choice, and considering I want to go front mount turbo soon I wasnt to concerned
Old 09-09-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyARH
A great all American made option is American Racing Headers. So please check us out!
Realize that the majority of people on this site have 99-07 trucks and you do not make a header system for the 4.8/5.3. If you change that I can guarantee you will sell more around here.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek @ EDO
The steel your truck that is made out of came from what country?
Most raw materials these days come from overseas.
I work for a steel maker who supplies not only Ford, GM, Saturn and Chrysler the steel used for it's sheet metal and/or frames, but also supplies a lot to Nissan, and some to Honda and Toyota U.S. factories as well. If by "overseas", you mean that the raw materials used to make that American steel are also coming from China, that is mostly incorrect. In fact, in the recent past, we actually EXPORTED tons of finished and semi-finished steel to China.

The Chinese have copied many, many things, but to this day have not been able to copy or replicate the quality of American made steel...A few U.S. carmakers tried to save some money by using some imported Chinese steel, but almost immediately switched back due to very inconsistent general quality control issues...something all Chinese copycat products are well known for.

No idea where the various metals used to make the engine in my truck came from, but I'd bet it isn't, nor will it ever be, China.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
Realize that the majority of people on this site have 99-07 trucks and you do not make a header system for the 4.8/5.3. If you change that I can guarantee you will sell more around here.
I know I'd be wanting a set myself...There's a ton of truck enthusiasts left with very limited choices on quality headers, and it's kinda crazy that a place like ARH doesn't see the market that is clearly here...