Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Greentahoe! What's the update???

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 07:54 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greentahoe! What's the update???

Come on man. I seen you talkin about it in the other forum. I wanna know what is up
Old 06-13-2004, 08:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by F8LPONY
Come on man. I seen you talkin about it in the other forum. I wanna know what is up
Im collecting some of the stuff I need and I want to have everything installed over a single weekend. Im doing some Thorely LT's, alk inj, and a 11# pulley.
We are then heading to the dyno for the third time!!!
I modded the stock airbox and put a new filter in there and got what looked to be less vacuum and another 2# of boost??!! I called up my buddy and asked if he could squeeze a run or two on the dyno after I told him the truck felt a good bit stronger. This was yesterday morning and it was about 20* cooler than it was the other time. To my surprise the truck made 309 rwhp. Still a little low, but much closer to what I expected. The guy doing my dyno tuning is expecting around 400 rwhp when the other stuff is on. Seems a little optimistic to me, but I can always be optomistic . He is confident that he can up the timing a good bit with the alcohol. We'll see He said IAT's and the low timing we are running to be safe are just leaving way too much on the table. Im curious to see where we end up. Id love to get a good idea of what type of peaks a Vortech with alky will make in comparison to a Radix.... pound for pound.
Old 06-13-2004, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

BTW, how is your hand??? How is the truck running?? Was there any serious damage to either???
Old 06-13-2004, 08:18 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Awesome man!!

I am with your buddy thinking that with the LTs, Alky and making sure everything before and after the blower is as free as can be you should be able to peak 400 or maybe more with 11psi out of that thing. Hell you may end up with more than me since your setup is easy and tried and true. I am still working with a voodoo turbo kit that was never supposed to even work remember?

The truck is still in the shop. He has to work around the car he has in there to get me set up again plus ording new parts to replace my burnt one. We wont know till prbably tomorrow if I hurt anything really big or not. The engine harness is what scares me. If that got burnt then I'm gonna be set back I think and might miss my big race

My hand is fine and healing nicely. I think I will only end up with a few scars but not real ugly one. The kind that chicks dig because they show your manliness but are not gruesome. LMAO

So back to your truck. When do you plan to have the other stuff on there and which Alk kit did you decide to go with?
Old 06-13-2004, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Im sorry to hear that. Glad to hear your burns arent too bad. Im sure your truck will be at least as good as new. That just sucks that you are without it again after waiting so long. I guess that just part of the game though. I'd be ecstatic if my truck put out near what yours does, but we'll see.
Im really not sure on which alk kit yet. I had my mind set on the SMC, but Ive been trying to find another company that Ive been hearing about. They supposedly have a better progressive controller and a pump that wont rust or corrode.
Im also trying to figure out where to mount the nozzle. The tubing is metal with rubber elbows. The metal tubing seems too thick to drill into, but Im wondering if the rubber elbows will hold the nozzle in there under high boost. Any ideas??? What system would you recommend?
Old 06-14-2004, 12:21 AM
TECH Junkie

F8L, i must have missed it. Did your turbo catch on fire?
Old 06-14-2004, 12:33 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by greentahoe
The tubing is metal with rubber elbows. The metal tubing seems too thick to drill into, but Im wondering if the rubber elbows will hold the nozzle in there under high boost. Any ideas??? What system would you recommend?
I'd be scared to run them in the rubber elbows. You should be able to drill the Vortech tubing but I'm not sure exactly how to keep it in there tight. We stuck mine in the STS tubing and used RTV to seal it up tight. It looks kina lame but I care more about the power at this point.

As for Alky injeciton kits the SMC kits seems nice and a lot of people on the GN boards use it but I went with the AlkyControl kit in my sig. Click it for the link. Julio is the MAN! Awesome customer service and great product. Just expect a lot of time to install these kits if you wanna make it clean

Snake Eater, here is a link to the thread. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180061

I should have been paying better attention while pouring the oil but even then I have never seen such little oil catch fire like that