Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

gm warranty ???? anyone have some true facts

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a GM service info went out on this a few months ago. From what I am told, the 2011 LS engines were included, but do not know for sure. Most are purchasing a spare PCM for flashing a new tune and putting in the original if a warranty problem occurs.

After repairs on any On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) II-related systems, technicians may find that some Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) Test DTCs that are stored will not clear.

I/M Test DTCs are different than traditional current and history DTCs and are used in certain State/Province vehicle emission test programs.

The rollout of I/M Test DTCs began in the 2010 model year and will be completed by the 2013 model year.
Vehicle implementation is by model and engine, so not all models will be updated at the same time, depending on engine option.

I/M Test DTCs cannot be cleared using a scan tool or by disconnecting power to the control module.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Maybe the mirror was never plugged in...

...and to the OP I agree with Bill, get and stay friendly with your service writer and manager if possible
it was bro..i just installed all new separates in the doors and thats the first place i looked.. and to be honest i never need to adjust it till i had my truck detailed by a shop and they said when the little guy backed it in the passenger mirror would not adjust for him..so when i move the drivers it moves np..when i touch the pass it blows the fuse!!! Tony
Old 12-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anthonyc
it was bro..i just installed all new separates in the doors and thats the first place i looked.. and to be honest i never need to adjust it till i had my truck detailed by a shop and they said when the little guy backed it in the passenger mirror would not adjust for him..so when i move the drivers it moves np..when i touch the pass it blows the fuse!!! Tony
Originally Posted by anthonyc
hey guys i have a 2007 nbs silverado cc vortec max..anyways the passenger side power mirror has never worked ..what is the warranty on these parts? i bought the truck new now has 18000 miles but its over the 3 36 that i think anything eletrical is warranted for? the power train is 7 100 i think on my body style.
You're probably SOL but call the dealer and ask. they are the ONLY ones who can answer your question Definitely. We don't know what they are going to say.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:20 PM

thanks joshua..ur right ill never know unless i try!!https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...s3/engarde.gif
Attached Thumbnails gm warranty ???? anyone have some true facts-004.jpg