Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Gm Heater Hoses

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 08:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gm Heater Hoses

Just wondering if anyone knew where you can get the tool to release the Plastic Retaining ring that the new vortec engines use on various heater and coolant lines, instead of regular worm drive clamps. Looks like a plastic ring with a small index hole in it.

Thanks Ian
Old 11-01-2006, 06:11 AM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

I used regular pliers (channel locks) to release the clamps on my heater hoses. The plastic things stay on the heater core, but the hoses just have a springload type clamp. There are pliers made just for these clamps, but not needed. I had a gurgling noise coming from my heater core and had these lines off at least a half of dozen times trying to get what I thought was air in the system out. It wound up being a rubber orifice (o-ring type thingy) inside of the heater core itself that I ripped out with a small pick. It was inside of the right (if you are standing in front of the truck looking at the firewall) inlet on the H/C. Just thought I'd add all of that incase you are experiencing the same noise. It drove me insane trying to figure out WTF it was. Guys on here helped me find it.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:05 AM
Staging Lane

I can figure out the spring loaded type clamps, its the plastic ring ones I need to get off. The is a 3 way plastic splitter, about the AC and its got a small leak and I need to get the 3 plastic securing rings off to figure out where the leak is actually coming from.

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
I used regular pliers (channel locks) to release the clamps on my heater hoses. The plastic things stay on the heater core, but the hoses just have a springload type clamp. There are pliers made just for these clamps, but not needed. I had a gurgling noise coming from my heater core and had these lines off at least a half of dozen times trying to get what I thought was air in the system out. It wound up being a rubber orifice (o-ring type thingy) inside of the heater core itself that I ripped out with a small pick. It was inside of the right (if you are standing in front of the truck looking at the firewall) inlet on the H/C. Just thought I'd add all of that incase you are experiencing the same noise. It drove me insane trying to figure out WTF it was. Guys on here helped me find it.