Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

GM Accessories Touring Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Accessories Touring Exhaust

Hi gang,

I've done the search thing, but haven't come up with a definitive answer yet. Who now makes the Touring exhaust kits that GM sells in the accessory catalog? I'm interested in the 17800766 for my 1500HD. If you know the tube size that would be great as well. It's kind of hit and miss finding application guides that list systems for the 1500HD trucks, thus my interest in this one. I know Magnaflow makes a single side exit for my truck, but I've heard it drones inside and that is a deal-breaker for me. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dave_62
Hi gang,

I've done the search thing, but haven't come up with a definitive answer yet. Who now makes the Touring exhaust kits that GM sells in the accessory catalog? I'm interested in the 17800766 for my 1500HD. If you know the tube size that would be great as well. It's kind of hit and miss finding application guides that list systems for the 1500HD trucks, thus my interest in this one. I know Magnaflow makes a single side exit for my truck, but I've heard it drones inside and that is a deal-breaker for me. Any help would be appreciated!
It's hard to tell who is making them. They used to be made by corsa, but from what I understand they have also used a few other vendors for their kits. Even if you find someone in the know on who is currently supplying parts for their kits it will still depend on how old the stock is where you buy from.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:08 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have a single exit gibson on my truck and love it!!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:04 AM
TECH Addict

At one point Borla made GM's performance exhaust, then Corsa did. Now it actually manufactured by GM. I had a customer hit me with this exact question the other day, so I made a call to my ADI and GM said, it's made in house by the Performance Division now.

But if it matters, they still sound almost exactly like the Corsa design.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Torque_Wrench
At one point Borla made GM's performance exhaust, then Corsa did. Now it actually manufactured by GM. I had a customer hit me with this exact question the other day, so I made a call to my ADI and GM said, it's made in house by the Performance Division now.

But if it matters, they still sound almost exactly like the Corsa design.
That sounds good. Any idea on tubing size?
Old 01-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Dave_62
Hi gang,

Try the Corsa sport for the 2500HD, (they don't make one for the 1500HD series - too many mid year changes in the exhaust system). I had one installed on my 04 2500 (1500HD all other years), the only difference is that a couple of hangers need to be relocated and any muffler shop can do that.

Yeah, the Corsa cost more, but you get what you pay for - there is no sound absorption material in the muffler to burn or rot out. It won't drone and is whisper quiet at cruise. As soon as they offer a muffler set-up for the 2007+ HD trucks I'm getting one.

Go to http://www.corsaperf.com and find your application and keep checking eBay - I got mine for about 50% off of retail.

Good luck.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:40 AM
TECH Addict

If I'm not mistaken, the last Performance GM Exhaust I ordered was 3 inch from the converters back.
Old 01-12-2008, 09:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I two am imterested in this. It would be for a 2500 suburban though on 9000 platforum. I searched youtube and found a tahoe with it but its was on the 5.3

the tahoe looks like crap but it has the exhast they say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6eFPz2hrbo

Any idea on what the price is vs a corsa or other exhaust on the market. I know that stock exhaust under the denali's sound good!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Teching In

I would also be interested in hearing from folks who have tried the GM cat back exhaust system. According to the website, there are two versions: Loud and extra loud. Anyone experience the system?

Thanks

Jerry
Old 01-15-2008, 07:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I sold a system to a friend with an 03' 1500HD. He went with the GMPP system and really likes it. The resonance isn't as bad on that truck as most of them, but the GMPP systems are terrible for their drone. I'd highly recomend considering the Corsa system over that.

Quick Reply: GM Accessories Touring Exhaust