Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 07:06 PM
JDC
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pressure

Im trying to figure out why a guys truck quits on him after driving 10 to 15 mins. I scanned and watched fuel pressure it starts out in high 50s to mid 60s and the requested is reading 58 psi which seemed low to me as driving the requested drop to 44 psi and the pressure was in the low 40s and sometimes down to the high 30s. they were no codes. Sorry its a 2007 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2 with an Edelbrock supercharger setup.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

It's a 4 BAR fuel system, under load it should be right around 58psi. At idle and little to no throttle I've seen it down in the 40's requested on these newer trucks. Pressure should not drop much below requested at all, like if you saw 44psi on the scanner but it was only doing like 35, that's kind of a problem.

Does fuel pressure just continue to drop and then it stalls out?
Old 11-22-2017, 09:40 PM
JDC
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it quits on him but ive only had it out tonight on narrow back roads and it never quit on me but i never really got on it i didnt want to be sitting on the side of the narrow roads in the dark and it also has a brake caliper sticking that i need to fix before i take it out again in the daylight saturday afternoon. Oh yeah the plates are expired also. So ill be getting the dealer plate from work for daylight drives.