Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast LSXRT install on 2000 Silverado

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Fast LSXRT install on 2000 Silverado

this might be my second Post on this site and i am very thankful for this site because it has answered a lot of questions for me.

i just wanted to share my personal experience with installing the FAST LSXRT manifold on my truck, i know by now there are a bunch of these threads floating around, but i want to share my experience. it was a bitter sweet install, as i had gotten all of my parts before i started it because i just don't have the time to wait or have down time on my truck as its my daily driver.

well i got the manifold in and ported it myself, it had a lot of casting marks on it going up the runners,

i assembled it, put the RTV as stated in the instructions, torqued the 2 shells together and proceeded to taking off the nnbs manifold to install the supplied low profile valley bolts.

what bothered me the most during the install was that i called FAST tech service not once, not twice, but 4 times to make sure that the stock steam vent lines on the truck would not interfere, i have the one that runs to all 4 corners of the heads. well guess what? the back corner of the intake would not sit properly because it was hitting the lines, even after slightly bending it with a mallet and at that point i wanted to call FAST to let them know, but that wasn't going to solve my problem. the instructions tell you to buy a steam vent that points the line out hitting the alternator bracket and you will have to cut the bracket to allow it to clear and i didn't want to do that, or buy the little block off plugs to delete the rear ports, which i didnt want to do.

these items will make the install way better and i haven't found a thread that gives these little details ( yes i googled them all)
1 - 12602544 ( this one put it on the rear of the heads, the nipple will be pointed to the left side)
1 - 12605716 ( this one on the front of the heads, nipple will be to the left side as well so no modifying the alternator bracket it clears the manifold really nice)
then just run some 1/4" hose from the rear vent line and use a T and connect them both to the radiator.

After getting them both in the intake sat flush, i began to torque the intake as per the instructions stated, and its true you have to go back and re check because the bolts back out a bit or the manifold starts to sit and it starts to bend to how its supposed to be, its weird. but it took like 6 passes before i got it all nice and snug.

I'm using the 50# flex fuel injectors and a NNBS fuel rail connected to the Corvette Filter with some fittings i did because it was really crammed up against the firewall.

I put everything back together and it fired right up, it would die when i would give it gas but it has stopped since i started to drive it. im waiting to get it retuned this Saturday so im pretty excited, i have gone up to 3K RPM and i feel no loss in lowend whatsoever it actually feels peppier im really excited for the re tune specially since the truck isn't tuned for these injectors and corvette filter since the fuel PSI is regulated different than the vacuum regulator.

i hope this helps someone looking to install the FAST, im going for all out N/A for now, im going to get a different cam as i know a lot of people have been bashing me for having the BTR stage 4 truck cam lol it does good tho.

i was really worried that i was going to have vacuum leaks like many of the horror threads i read and i was like dam, i might be returning mine, I saw a lot of discouraged people but i did not have issues, just get those vent lines and everything will be good!

Last edited by BlackPanther6.0; 11-26-2018 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 06:55 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,329 Likes on 792 Posts

Nice work!
Why would you change the stage IV cam if you're happy with it? IMO the 224/230 is not that large of a cam in a 6.0 with the accompanying parts in your sig especially with the 4.30 gears. If those #50 injectors are from a Gen IV (Delphi 12613412 ??) be sure to remind your tuner, then he'll convert the injector data from Gen IV to work on the Gen III. If they are the 12613412 injectors the correct conversion data is in the injector sticky over at "tech". I'm running those #50's myself... here is the converted data file found in that sticky.
Attached Files
Old 11-26-2018, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

I wanted to get the tick SNS ls2 stage 1 cam it’s a 227/231 with like .617 lift 7 degrees of over lap to take advantage of the added air flow, I spin a lot on digs I can’t imagine with a stall. I know I can get better tires eventually. I really like this cam it’s great all around.

And yes those are the ones i have, I had a horrible experience on eBay with a seller that sold me some “oem marine 8.1l injectors” and the truck never started up good they would just dump so much fuel, I swapped over to these and that problem went away, I changed the cam and crank sensors thinking that could be it. But it was the injectors all along. These fixed it and the truck isn’t even tuned for them I was so happy, I’m sure it will run better with the retune, thank you for the data I’ll be sure to let my tuner know!
Old 11-28-2018, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Good luck with that intake.... biggest piece of junk I have ever bought for my truck.
didnt matter what I did it wouldn't seal right, had it off more times then I would like to remember.
couple months ago a buddy bought one even tho I warned him. Guess what. His leaked aswell and it made the exact same power as his nnbs intake on a lq4, 226-231 cam with AI CNC ported 243s.
Both of us know what we are doing and not newbs.
I took my lsxrt off and bolted on my hi ram with no other changes and the truck ran mint again.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Yea I know I read a lot of horror stories on it, talked to fast and they said they corrected the warping issues they had, mine is running great I have my retune on Saturday so I’ll ask my Tuner to see if he shows any gains, since I’m doing street tune. I feel the intake is like a 50/50 shot, mine idles well no flairs doesn’t die, drives great. Not sure what to say to everyone that had issues man. Wish me luck lol
Old 11-30-2018, 05:00 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

A ported nnbs/tbss intake would have gotten you the same outcome and been way less hassle.

Old 12-01-2018, 07:08 AM
Staging Lane

The nnbs I took off was ported, many had good results from this intake, I’m sure it’s going to gain some power up top. It’s just something I wanted to try out, maybe not best bang for the buck, after figuring out everything with the steam vent hoses out it wasn’t all that bad. Retune today hope everything goes well
Old 12-01-2018, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Bigger isn’t necessarily better.

As you port the intake and heads, the runners open up and you started to lose velocity, which in a heavy *** truck is more important than volume.
Old 12-01-2018, 02:58 PM
Truck Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I have seen no gains and more problems/phantom issues than anything.

I mean id LOVE to sell everyone a 1k intake but i dont want to push bs. Its not our style. Every customer that wants one that talks to me i let them know get the tbss intake. Hell you can even fit a 102 tb on them without much issue also.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Well verdict is in for me, tuner said he saw gains with the intake and I sure as hell feel them, I picked his brains and he said he saw no vacuum leaks, strong vacuum, I’m no tuner so I don’t know anything else to look for , guess I got a good one. Drivability is even better than before, and before I got the tune it was driving really well. He ended up adding 15% more fuel and that’s with the bigger 50# injectors where as I had the 42s before. Gains are gains. I know everyone bashed on this intake but I got a good one and I’m happy

Quick Reply: Fast LSXRT install on 2000 Silverado