Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Escalade Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2022, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Escalade Exhaust

I have a 2013 escalade with an LSA supercharger, Texas speed cam kit I’ll be putting in, and all the other items that go along with it including long tubes. My question is- does anyone know where I can come across a cat back for this vehicle? I keep searching and when I get to the page to purchase most say unavailable or discontinued!

i would like a little sound with the setup, to wake it up a bit.

thank you for your time!
Old 01-04-2022, 11:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,174 Likes on 894 Posts

Why not just do a muffler swap? Achieve the same thing basically
Old 01-04-2022, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shakenfake
Why not just do a muffler swap? Achieve the same thing basically
that literally just crossed my mind as that email came in. That’s a much more cost effective way to go also. Any thoughts on what to go with?
Old 01-04-2022, 11:45 PM
TECH Junkie

That is up to you and your sound preference. I'm going to be doing a new exhaust and I definitely will be doing a straight through muffler. Some sort of Borla XR1 . I've also been looking at the SLP Loudmouth 2
Old 01-05-2022, 05:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 408 Likes on 320 Posts

Magnaflow mufflers sound amazing behind an LS motor...
The following users liked this post:
arthursc2 (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 07:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Yukon_inferno
I have a 2013 escalade with an LSA supercharger, Texas speed cam kit I’ll be putting in, and all the other items that go along with it including long tubes. My question is- does anyone know where I can come across a cat back for this vehicle? I keep searching and when I get to the page to purchase most say unavailable or discontinued!

i would like a little sound with the setup, to wake it up a bit.

thank you for your time!
Did you call Borla and Corsa?
Old 01-05-2022, 10:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shakenfake
That is up to you and your sound preference. I'm going to be doing a new exhaust and I definitely will be doing a straight through muffler. Some sort of Borla XR1 . I've also been looking at the SLP Loudmouth 2
I have the premium truck, with the dual exits in the back- so one inlet and two outlets. I’ll see if I can get the right dimensions to make that work.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by swathdiver
Did you call Borla and Corsa?
Borla said they don’t make one for mine. Corsa was going to let me know if they had one for the dual bumper exit (or close), but it would also be around 2k - which is a bit rough if I can find an alternative.
The following users liked this post:
swathdiver (01-05-2022)
Old 01-05-2022, 10:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Hmm just do a flipped y-pipe. Exhaust shop should be able to do it. Then you would have two mufflers.
Old 01-05-2022, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 236 Likes on 183 Posts

Escalade is a 6.2L SUV. You are going to be extremely limited from the start because you have larger size pipes then the 4.8,5.3, and 6.0, even though they are the same shape.

If you are going to use long tubes, then you can search for those using any full size NNBS to get those (Silverado should always give you the most options, but Tahoe should be the same shaped pipes all the way). If you are going to do long tubes, then you want dual exhaust whatever that tube size is or larger. You should be able to find a ORY Y tube that will fit the LTs, but it will be restrictive, and it seems silly to run it to your factory intermediate pipe, so what would be the point?. You might find a set of X or H pipes that will fit.

How do you plan on running the pipes? If you are looking for a catback, it sounds like you plan on a ORY Y pipe. The Escalade has a larger intermediate pipe than the Tahoe. Its just really limited demand.

If this was me, and you want the most out of it: I would buy the long tubes, an H or X pipe in that size if that's what you want. Search Tahoe for a muffler with inlets in the size or larger, and weld up custom intermediate pipe needed and tail pipe. Anything less than that and you will be restricting along the way.

Quick Reply: Escalade Exhaust