Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problem with 99 GMC

Here is what I said in my other thread,,,

"Sorry this is soo long,,,

About an hour ago I was going to go to a friends house, turned my truck on for a bit to warm it up(its about 45 degrees here), got in put it in park and 15 yards later it turns off, turns right back on but when I shift to park the engine loses power, the lights dim and the engine struggles to stay on, it stays on but you can barley hear the engine, the engine is really soft and struggles, the goes off.

It turnes right up though, here is what I noticed, when I turn it back on and rev up the engine, the oil preasure goes up to about 70 psi, and the battery guage goes up and down from like 11 to 14 volts. When I can actually drive it the oil preassure stays at like 60 psi, and goes up and down depending on how fast I go. SO I WAS WONDERING, what causes there to be high oil preasure? I checked the oil and it is a little on the low side. ALSO, this truck has spent most of its life at low sea level, I live way up in the mountains, could that cause something too?"

I took it to a shop and while I was there we were reving up the engine and then it would want to die out when it came back down, like I said "losing power", in a way. Then the fuel pump went out, and blew the 20A ECM fuse, THE SAME FUSE WE HAD TO REPLACE AFTER INSTALLING NEW FUEL PUMP 2 WEEKS AGO FOR THE TRUCK TO TURN ON. Then we found out that were that fuse goes was pushing 45 to 55 amps! Has anyone heard of any of this before? Or know what is going on?! My truck is still in the shop, sucks they are not open on the weekends, will have to find out what is going on till Monday.

Last edited by 9GMC9; 01-21-2006 at 07:53 PM.