Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric Exhaust Cut-Outs

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Exhaust Cut-Outs

Where can I find a good set to go on my 99 Z-71? I need 3" cut-outs to go behind the cat's. If anyone can recommend a good set it would be much appreciated. Thanks.
-Pete-
Old 11-16-2003, 11:35 PM
Banned

q-tec are pretty much the best ones from what i've seen. once you find some let me know how much they want for a set of them.
Old 11-16-2003, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

here's a link to the q-tech website with pricing.
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/qtec_main.htm

but i'm confused on the packages, i don't know if I need the package that has juat 2 electric cut-outs, or the package that ha 2 electric cut-outs, 2 flowtech cut-outs, and the 1 switch?? I need help please.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:54 AM
12 Second Club

DMH Performance cutouts don't leak, dont break, best quality and performance from what I've seen and read. The cost includes shipping, so its about the same as the Q-tec after you add in shipping. I installed mine about 3 months ago and haven't had any problems, no screws or motors falling out or leaking or anything.......just install it, and never have to look at it again, just the button

http://www.dmhperformance.com/Our_Products.html

Heres my thread w/a video : https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104992
Old 11-17-2003, 04:52 AM
TECH Resident

Default E Cutouts

Hey, my experience with Qtec cutouts are not that great. I had a post on here awhile ago about e cutouts asking about my problem. So my problem has been leaking and now blowing fuses when they start to work, like the motor is shorting internally. It sucks to spend that much money, not having the chance to use it that much and having problems with it. Your set up Pete, from what I have seen to be cheaper if you still have the y pipe, is use 1 E cutout, (your oppinion on brands) and use a turndown off of that. If you have true duals than yeah you would need two with the dynomax extensions. I believe that you would also need to purchase turndowns for it too. I will try and get a pic up soon of my set up on my nova, just for ideas. Good Luck, oh and if I could do it over I would go DHM like 03 says, but Toxic Texan would disagree.
Old 11-17-2003, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm also considering getting a cutout. With Cats in place, how loud would it be at the Y-Pipe? I'm waiting for my cat-back system to get in so I can fire up the truck with headers, cats, and Y-Pipe to see how loud it will really be? Hopefully it'll drone out the Harleys during Bike Week
Old 11-17-2003, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

okay I am gonna go with DMH and get it set after my y-pipe, thanks for all the help guys!.
-Pete-

Trending Topics

Old 11-17-2003, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sloblaze, aren't you in Jax. I have a single cut-out right before my muffler. Great sound and noticed difference. If you want we can meet up and you can to a look.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

yeah youre in RCST right??? Yeah i'm slo-blaze from the board. I might have to go out to one of your meetings one night but the problem is getting off of work. I guess I'll see ya back at RCST and look at next month's meeting.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:20 PM
Launching!

i got a cut out behind the Y on my 4.8, its def loud and sounds more aggressive. however at about 2k rpms it gets deafening. I always close it before taking long rides or trips on the interstate. but for around town i love it. Hell it only cost me 70 bux total (3" manual cut-out and labor) and I lowered my 1/4 mile time by .1

Quick Reply: Electric Exhaust Cut-Outs